Author Topic: EverDrive-GBA power consumption  (Read 40611 times)

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
Re: EverDrive-GBA power consumption
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2016, 03:34 AM »
Pretty safe to assume we'll be able to buy one around that time. I hope.

I asked Stone Age Gamer and they said it'll only be available to pre-order at the show, in addition to the demo. 

Ahh... Sad times :(

Cost will be $99 USD from Stone Age Gamer.
I really hope this isn't going to be the final price.

Get a job cheap ass.  I was fully expecting this thing to run about 120$.  This is 32-bit post-SNES era architecture.  Why do you think it's been so long without a decent flash card?  And why is it basically the last cart system to be fully cracked?  Krikzz deserves every penny, you will never hear a bad word about him in the industry.  So STFU little kiddie, adults with jobs are talking.

Offline skaman

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2016, 04:37 AM »
$99 works for me.  I also thought it would be a lot more expensive.

Offline randomviewer896

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2016, 04:42 AM »
99$ is a little steep for me, but I'll still be picking it up because I've had horrible luck with the competing GBA flash cart.

Offline The_Atomik_Punk!

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2016, 04:53 AM »
$99 USD is more than reasonable all things considered. I too thought that the price point would be a little higher, so this is a welcome surprise. To me, Krikzz certainly deserves every penny he gets for his phenomenal work. I'll happily be purchasing one whenever they become available.

Any ETA for release date on retrogate?

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2016, 06:18 AM »
$99 is a little steep for me as well. And I will have to delay my purchase for a bit as well. I'll probably buy one when a v2 comes around. My EZ Flash IV will do for now since all the games I want are already on there and patched. It took a while though lol. I'm sure the GBA ED will make that process much easier.
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2016, 07:53 AM »
$99 is a little steep for me as well. And I will have to delay my purchase for a bit as well. I'll probably buy one when a v2 comes around. My EZ Flash IV will do for now since all the games I want are already on there and patched. It took a while though lol. I'm sure the GBA ED will make that process much easier.

lol seriously wtf did people expect this to cost?  are you 14?  the gb color everdrive is 88$...just holding on tight hoping for that 11$ discount?  Krikzz should ban these children.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2016, 08:18 AM »
So, I've read in this thread so far that Stone Age Gamer shows a price point of $99. And some are claiming that it's a steep price.

Well, kiddos...

It's possible that the $99 quoted is probably for the "deluxe" version of the GBA ED from SAG. There's still a possibility that it'll be cheaper direct with a shell.

I don't think KRIKzz has announced an official price point yet, so I'd say wait until it's announced.

Offline Mad Hatter

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2016, 08:50 AM »

lol seriously wtf did people expect this to cost?  are you 14?  the gb color everdrive is 88$...just holding on tight hoping for that 11$ discount?  Krikzz should ban these children.
Well I never paid $88 for a GB ED...

What's the big deal of expressing my opinion? I paid $35 for an EZ Flash IV, and, atm, I'm not sure what paying another $100 for an GBA ED will offer. As of right now, they do the same things for me. Yea, the EZ Flash IV takes a little tweaking and a bit of time to set up, but it works 100% for me. Like another poster said, a more competitive price could attract more customers since the EZ Flash IV has been on the market for more than ten years now. Many may not be ready to shell out $100 to make the switch.

Krikzz should ban me and others who have the same opinion? I don't know him personally, but he seems like a cool guy and doesn't seem to mind people expressing their honest opinion on here.

So, I've read in this thread so far that Stone Age Gamer shows a price point of $99. And some are claiming that it's a steep price.

Well, kiddos...

It's possible that the $99 quoted is probably for the "deluxe" version of the GBA ED from SAG. There's still a possibility that it'll be cheaper direct with a shell.

I don't think KRIKzz has announced an official price point yet, so I'd say wait until it's announced.
It's a possibility. But I think that's for the regular version. I'm not sure why that price quote would be for the deluxe version. If it was, it would make the standard version around $79 dollars.
Mega EverDrive x7, EverDrive-GB X7, SD2SNES Original, EZ Flash IV, R4i-SDHC

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2016, 02:27 PM »
...SAG usually jacks the pr....check that, SAG always jacks the price on any everdrive. Not knocking them, they do offer nice bonuses to the everdrives for people that like that sort of thing but I find a lot of them unnecessary. Would really just like the board and a shell. Everything else added is just "flair" and for the most part not worth the asking price...

...As for the GBA everdrive, thats a tough call. They quoted as $99 but that could just be for the board. (I do beleive SAG sells in pieces now so you can mix/match your orders) So based on that price point, my guess is the GBA will probably be $89 for board with the shell an extra $10. SAG will START at $99 and go from there...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 04:12 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2016, 05:40 PM »

Well I never paid $88 for a GB ED...

What's the big deal of expressing my opinion? I paid $35 for an EZ Flash IV, and, atm, I'm not sure what paying another $100 for an GBA ED will offer. As of right now, they do the same things for me. Yea, the EZ Flash IV takes a little tweaking and a bit of time to set up, but it works 100% for me. Like another poster said, a more competitive price could attract more customers since the EZ Flash IV has been on the market for more than ten years now. Many may not be ready to shell out $100 to make the switch.

Krikzz should ban me and others who have the same opinion? I don't know him personally, but he seems like a cool guy and doesn't seem to mind people expressing their honest opinion on here.

Well, kiddos...

It's a possibility. But I think that's for the regular version. I'm not sure why that price quote would be for the deluxe version. If it was, it would make the standard version around $79 dollars.

Things I can guarantee are true based on your posts.

#1: You don't have a job
#2: You live with your parents
#3: You're on welfare
#4: You probably don't even own a single krikzz product

So little kid, listen here, nobody cares about your Mountain Dew allowance and how this "super expensive product" is or would effect it.  And you can take your POS EZ-Flash that any real gamer wouldn't pay 5$ for, and throw it in the trash where it belongs.

I repeat, at 100$ this thing is a fuckin steal.  And if you think differently, you're nothing but a poor ass who needs to go back to collecting Atari.   So move along now child, adults are talking.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 05:43 PM by jonathanbe »

Offline emdkay

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2016, 06:29 PM »
If you don't value a GBA Everdrive for at least $99, then get out of this thread.  It's a shame Krikzz gets his forums littered with you cheapskates. Don't like the price, then take years out of your life and develop one on your own or continue using your garbage EZ Flash.  While you're at it, cook all your meals at home because you're wasting a ton of money when you eat out. 

Back on topic - I'll absolutely be getting one of these Everdrives.  It's been a long wait for this cart to be developed.  Here's a bit more clarification on the price point:

https://twitter.com/StoneAgeGamer/status/743602491766374400
Stone Age Gamer ‏@StoneAgeGamer  Jun 16
@emdkay $99, which will include clear shell and label as well.

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2016, 06:56 PM »

So little kid, listen here, nobody cares about your Mountain Dew allowance ...

is it really necessary to response in such an aggressive and personal way?
to be honest, this isn't a very mature behaviour at all, if you ask me. ^^

Offline jonathanbe

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2016, 07:03 PM »

So little kid, listen here, nobody cares about your Mountain Dew allowance ...

is it really necessary to response in such an aggressive and personal way?
to be honest, this isn't a very mature behaviour at all, if you ask me. ^^

lol look at your avatar kid.

like the last poster said, it offends me deeply and personally that someone would come in this thread and post such trash as "99$ is too expensive".  again, the gb everdrive is 88$, WTF DID YOU EXPECT?

krikzz is a GOD in this industry, and he doesn't deserve to have 2 seconds of his time wasted reading such complete nonsense. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:06 PM by jonathanbe »

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2016, 07:13 PM »
Before I lock this (KRIKzz, feel free to unlock and clean it up if you'd like):

Take the SAG posted price point with a grain of salt. There's a possibility it might be less, but, again, UNTIL THERE IS OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FROM KRIKZZ, just wait. He's a busy man.

This thread was to highlight the power consumption of the GBA ED...which, honestly, it pretty darn good. How it turned into a s**t show of arguing finance, lifestyles, etc. is beyond me.

Stop arguing about petty things. There are two sides to every story and maybe, just maybe, the other person has more going on that you may know.