Author Topic: N8 faulty?  (Read 10918 times)

Offline Pitou

• View Profile
Re: N8 faulty?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 10:58 PM »
I also have an oscilloscope if you want me to check the quartz.

Pitou!

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Out of curiosity, how did you fix this N8, Krikzz?

Is it just a matter of reheating the pins on the chips, making sure we eliminate cold solder?

If that's the case, I'm pretty good with a soldering iron and I can do it to try to fix mine.

I have the same issue described here.

See my original post:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3629.0

Thanks!

Pitou!

it was a long time ago, so, i don't know (: Usually problem in cold soldered points, or in damaged quarts generator (seems like this part is pretty sensitive to shock)

Offline Clay

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Finally found why my N8 was crashing and making the glitch screen shown on this thread. I took the circuit board out of the plastic shell and found that the N8 board would crash if it wasn't on the perfect angle in the cart socket of my PAL Mattel NES. Despite replacing the old PIN  socket with a new one from Ebay, I assume the new socket design is not making perfect electrical contact.

Nothing I did could get it to stop crashing when the board was in the plastic shell.

I'm planning to refurbish an old original NES cart socket and hope that I can run the N8 in the plastic cover without any issues.

The other thing I may try is put it in a original plastic shell, just incase there is an issue with the N8 shell preventing good contact.

I hope this helps someone.