Author Topic: SD2SNES REVISION G ???  (Read 39219 times)

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES REVISION G ???
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2016, 03:38 PM »
i have almost every system and play always on original hardware.
just played zelda msu1 on real hardware.
emulators is good if you dont want original hardware.
if friends or family come visiting me,they always come and look to my room.

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 30, 2016, 05:30 PM »
There 's always a comment like this popping.
We're on a flashcard forum. Meaning people here -normally- likes to play their ROMs on original hardware.
We ALL know here that we could set an XBOX, and many of us did already (personnali i have one set with almost every standard systems emulated from Atari2600 to N64).

So yes we know, we can do different. But that's not the goal here.

i have the real hardware snes and megadrive with sd2snes and mega_everdrive v1 , its expansive and too  many bug and problem hardware and software update with this linkers
I prefer much emulators my xbox 1 all chip all games work fine 100% full speed and compatibility and cheat are operate 100% , its not emulating it 16 years ago, nowadays emulators are a xbox 1 days followed and programmers make us small jewelry shining emulators capable of blushing linkers, one linker is necessary it's the everdrive 64 v3 and the 64drive Because I admit the N64 emulation is not accurate on pc and Xbox1, but for the snes and Megadrive this linkers are no useful , that is my opinion and that of many trust me and i finished all my game in 1990 on original hardware , but  at this time i refinish all my games only on emulation xbox1 , because too many bug and bad software update on linker snes and megadrive
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 05:36 PM by bidou67 »

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2016, 05:47 PM »
stay on topic kthx.

fille1976 you're doing it so wrong it's not even funny, you've indeed connected 3.5v and 5v, dumbest idea ever.

What made you think it's what you needed to do?
Nowhere in this thread there's even a hint at something remotely similar, what the hell.

You're actually lucky you didn't kill the SD2SNES or SNES for that matter.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2016, 06:33 PM »
when i soldered it like dreimer photo,it simply doesnt work.
page 4 this thread 2nd photo of me,thats what it should be,but simply doesnt work.
why,i dont know,soldered like first photo it works fine.
i dont get it,its rev E1B,and i said i hat same rev as dreimer,but he has E2
maybe thats why i doesnt work.
fb341 is on the same place,soldered wire of and placed everything like original.
snes and sd2snes is fine,lucky me.
but why it isnt working and for all others its working?
i gona desolder now just ferrite bead and try without the ferrite bead and solder wire to left pad of ferrite bead.
ikari said thats also good,but better with ferrite bead.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 06:46 PM by fille1976 »

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2016, 07:20 PM »
@shadowrunner,i know,my fault.
do you have suggestion what can be wrong,if i turn the ferrite bead,and solder wire to pic,like it should be,sound is not good.
could it be a bad ferrite bead?

Offline TheShadowRunner

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2016, 07:50 PM »
That's the thing, dreimer doesn't have E2 anymore, he modified it to F.
So with this new mod, he went actually from F to G.

There are 2 additional filtering components between rev E and F.
I guess this is what makes the difference, you're missing those 2 components on E1.

I don't think the ferrite bead can go bad (?).
So you have 3 choices:
1. revert the mod completely.
2. mod your revE2 to revF and then do the mod from this thread
3. solder +5v to left pad, removing the ferrite bead completely, since it seems to be working without cracking sound for you.

But whatever you do, do NOT connect +3.5 and +5V!!

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2016, 08:12 PM »
i gona buy rev g,i readed just with rev E1 that i have,there is also problem with chip1 snes,so gona sell it and buy newer revision.
my other snes is away for modding with super cic-igr-50/60 hz and recap.
but just read about other problem,pfff,not happy with it.

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #67 on: May 01, 2016, 01:17 AM »
Exactly TheShadowRunner. The mentioed 1 Chip problems on RevE* are wobbly lines on a few screens and thats what the RevF mod is for (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1777.msg18303#msg18303). Additionally the filters added might really be the solution for your sound problems. Or... you grilled the card by connecting +5V and +3.3V which ikari warned about in here btw ^^ (http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5142.msg39335#msg39335) Just check the RevF mod thread in here or compare yours with mine and you find the spots to solder the new two parts onto. My card works like a charm with those two rev upgrades btw. And btw... my pics are from a RevE*, yeah, but the RevF ones from TheShadowRunner are a good source of information too. Tbh I used em to mod mine ^^ Why do we even discuss here?? If it works without the bead, then dump it and buy the parts for RevF mod and we are set!

And most important... NEVER mod ANYTHING if for you all is fine! I am a MSU1 fanatic and I made the sound compilation for DKC2 and helped a bit on the Zelda MSU Hack, too. So I thought I could need it. If your sound is good for you... keep it original
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:34 AM by dreimer »

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2016, 08:58 AM »
Hey dreimer, did i thank you enough for that DKC2 jewel ?

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 01, 2016, 08:59 AM »
im lucky everything is still fine with my snes and sd2snes,but in a week or 2 i have my good snes back,its chip1 fully recappd and modded,and with rev E1, im probably gona have those problems.
so i can  buy those 2 components,but where to solder them???,or i simply sell it and buy new rev F or G.

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #70 on: May 01, 2016, 01:44 PM »
Hey dreimer, did i thank you enough for that DKC2 jewel ?

As long as you thank Mattrizzle for his patch, too..... thx very much ^^

im lucky everything is still fine with my snes and sd2snes,but in a week or 2 i have my good snes back,its chip1 fully recappd and modded,and with rev E1, im probably gona have those problems.
so i can  buy those 2 components,but where to solder them???,or i simply sell it and buy new rev F or G.

I am no big fan of spoonfeeding. This is what causes ppl not reading the stuff they should have read and connecting 3.3V to 5V or even better one of them to GND. This is what causes completely fucked up PCBs and ppl in forums trying to blame others for their losses. Read the RevF Mod site I linked you to above. There are the parts mentioned which you need, there are PCB scans showing what to solder to where and which traces to firmly cut. There even are some mentioned shops where to buy em.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 01, 2016, 01:53 PM »
thx dreimer,but im not 100% sure if i can do it.
just ordered the 2,i do have to cut the trace right beneath r301.
just scraped both the points to copper,and  when the 2 arrive,i just have to solder and cut 1 trace.
from there i can mod it further to G revision,just turn the ferrite bead and solder to leg as shown in the pictures here in this thread?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:37 PM by fille1976 »

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2016, 02:36 PM »
It's not more difficult than the one you already made. Just some more cutting and scratching ^^ Have fun and good luck

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 01, 2016, 02:40 PM »
will post a picture off what i did dreimer,i waited only with cutting till both arrives.
because otherwise i cant play anymore now :)
both is scrapped to the copper,the photos arent that good.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:49 PM by fille1976 »

Offline lord_raymon

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 01, 2016, 10:39 PM »
I made the mod in mine today. I used an smd tantalum capacitor (100uF) and a radial coil (10uH), seems to work fine  ;D