Author Topic: SD2SNES REVISION G ???  (Read 39212 times)

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES REVISION G ???
« Reply #75 on: May 01, 2016, 11:02 PM »
The better and winner is : buy a good xbox 1 modded with excalibur and a big hdd and , with great emulators and a true good romset and it work fine , it costs less and everything games works fine also chip super fx work fine , and you'll even Megadrive and neogeo, everything is perfect and works great to date on xbox 1 snes and megadrive and neogeo , exept the n64 buy a everdrive 64 v 3 yes i admit is useful for this console unit n64  , but for others consoles hardware no justified this expansive linkers snes and megadrive and neogeo working flawless on xbox 1 , emulation is perfect on xbox 1 , many people have understand this ;) this engages only my personal opinion ok ^^

(NOTE - This will be my only response as I don't want to derail this thread any further...)

Except there are small nuances in emulated games that go unseen by the untrained, casual eye. Sound is a little off here and some sprite flicker there. Even if you present a game running 100% as the original you are still faced with two, indisputable facts...

1) You are using an xbox controller to cover ALL systems, this is fine if you are comfortable with it (i personally am not) but these classic games were designed with specific controllers in mind. Somehow playing Punch-Out or Super Mario Kart, or any numerous platformers doesn't seem right with an xbox controller, or with any other controller for that matter, except for the intended one. Sure there may be adapters and such so you could use the intended controller, but then you would need to get an adapter for all the systems emulated...and then you have a convoluted mess. (and each adapter for each player? better get a multitap...)

2) LAG. No matter how many claims that your setup is lag free via emulation, there will be lag. and it throws timing off (especially in NES) Its bad enough with the inherent lag on modern displays, but now it compounds with emulation? Yeah, no thanks. Emulation definitely has its place but if there is a better (albeit, more expensive) way to experience retro gaming, then I'd go with that.

Lastly I think its kind of funny with the mentioning of emulation as this mysterious alternative. lol. I myself come from the tail end of the NESticle days and back then that emu couldn't play all games either (and the ones it could play, :::shivers:::) Hmmm...Kind of sounds like the argument now...interesting....

OK. /rant, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 11:06 PM by Aether Knight »

Offline D4v3WTF

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2016, 11:42 PM »
will post a picture off what i did dreimer,i waited only with cutting till both arrives.
because otherwise i cant play anymore now :)
both is scrapped to the copper,the photos arent that good.

Good luck fille! What you did so far looks really good. The update from Rev. E1/E2 to Rev. G isn't really hard. Just be sure your trace cut is good!

Greetings
N64 PAL Games Collection: 204/243
N64 PAL Demo Collection: 1/1
N64 Region Free NTSC Games: 1
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modded UltraCIC II
SD2SNES Rev. F modded Rev. H

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2016, 03:10 AM »
FB341 probably isn't that important for 5V operation because it has already been filtered at the input (L391). But it can't hurt either. It can still slightly improve noise performance on 1chip consoles.
i'm using a famicom jr. i can remove fb341 to mod it or its reccomended to only turn it and do the mod?

question: the mod simply boost the volume db on msu1 soundtrack or boost the bass? because on my REVF i tested it with dk2 and mario world and the soundtrack and the game effects are equally balanced as is already without the mod. also i tried to set to +3,5db in the sd2snes menu and i don't like the difference from the high volume from the ost compared to lower ingame effects. so for me this mod is useless??
thanks
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:43 AM by Arnold101 »

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2016, 12:28 PM »
The better and winner is : buy a good xbox 1 modded with excalibur and a big hdd and , with great emulators and a true good romset and it work fine , it costs less and everything games works fine also chip super fx work fine , and you'll even Megadrive and neogeo, everything is perfect and works great to date on xbox 1 snes and megadrive and neogeo , exept the n64 buy a everdrive 64 v 3 yes i admit is useful for this console unit n64  , but for others consoles hardware no justified this expansive linkers snes and megadrive and neogeo working flawless on xbox 1 , emulation is perfect on xbox 1 , many people have understand this ;) this engages only my personal opinion ok ^^

(NOTE - This will be my only response as I don't want to derail this thread any further...)

Except there are small nuances in emulated games that go unseen by the untrained, casual eye. Sound is a little off here and some sprite flicker there. Even if you present a game running 100% as the original you are still faced with two, indisputable facts...

1) You are using an xbox controller to cover ALL systems, this is fine if you are comfortable with it (i personally am not) but these classic games were designed with specific controllers in mind. Somehow playing Punch-Out or Super Mario Kart, or any numerous platformers doesn't seem right with an xbox controller, or with any other controller for that matter, except for the intended one. Sure there may be adapters and such so you could use the intended controller, but then you would need to get an adapter for all the systems emulated...and then you have a convoluted mess. (and each adapter for each player? better get a multitap...)

2) LAG. No matter how many claims that your setup is lag free via emulation, there will be lag. and it throws timing off (especially in NES) Its bad enough with the inherent lag on modern displays, but now it compounds with emulation? Yeah, no thanks. Emulation definitely has its place but if there is a better (albeit, more expensive) way to experience retro gaming, then I'd go with that.

Lastly I think its kind of funny with the mentioning of emulation as this mysterious alternative. lol. I myself come from the tail end of the NESticle days and back then that emu couldn't play all games either (and the ones it could play, :::shivers:::) Hmmm...Kind of sounds like the argument now...interesting....

OK. /rant, back to your regularly scheduled discussion...

no lag in emulation snes and megadrive use just the good version of emulator snes and megadrive and and if you properly use options seeting  and cores versions of good emulators snes and megadrive  you will see that nothing lag
see your sd2snes or mega everdrive it is full of bugs in games , i have a sd2snes and i have a mega everdrive , most game bug or not work properly 0.1.7b not work properly and for the OS mega everdive is not accurate some bug with games  , its just my opinion but in emulator xbox1 i have no problem for lag or bug when i use properly the good emulator and use the good options seeting and true good rom set all is fine , exept the controller i admit is not the true controller snes and megadrive i admit but for the rest it working fine
otherwhise its just my opinion about this linkers and price ;) saves much money also not buy this grosse connerie a bouffe pognon a repayer tous les 6 mois une nouvelle révision de linker qui est devenus un sac a poignon commercial  pour engraisser ces gens qui  fabriquent ces multi revision de linker pour vous faire repasser a la caisse , arnaque   , alors emulation 100% oui car c'est gratuit et ça marche mieux sauf sans la vraie manette ça j'admets  ,  person has his opinion to think
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:50 PM by bidou67 »

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2016, 07:53 PM »
jus soldered the 2  to there places and cut the trace.
just have to clean it a bit up.
i started my snes and everythings seems to work fine.
so it seems i made mine from E1 to G,happy,saves me much money.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 06:28 PM by fille1976 »

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2016, 01:21 AM »
See? Was not that difficult. Nice to hear things went finde ^^ Looks well soldered too

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2016, 03:02 AM »
someone can reply me too??

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2016, 07:44 AM »
yep,it was not that difficult,i have lots of soldering expirience,must only learn to read and understand schematics and all the values and those little but important things.
works now without crackling sound.
im happy that i did it myself,saves me money.

Offline dreimer

• View Profile
    • Reimi's Blog
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2016, 11:31 AM »
someone can reply me too??

Sure I can. I would keep it because thats what the real Rev.G is made like. All MSU gets a bit louder causing some mods which are extra loud for SD2SNES to be a lil bit too loud maybe. Best way is to use the BSNES patches for Rev.G I guess. Well, that was the goal in theory. DK2 is a bit too loud then, but more Bass is also there. Not that much, but it does some BOOM now ^^ I will go and ask Mattrizzle to make a Patch which is a bit more silent for the Rev.G and BSNES.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2016, 07:49 PM »
i'll keep it as is now revf. all the games i have tested are all well balanced with game effects. a louder ost will sound more higher than sound effects....

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2016, 10:06 PM »
Hi all. Just completed this mod on my rev F. Question. How do I validate I did it correctly and didn't break anything? I still get sound and video. What would be the symptoms if I did the mod wrong or, for example, have a bad solder connection?

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 27, 2016, 11:13 AM »
If it still boots and doesn't smoke you can't have gone too wrong. :) MSU-1 audio should still be there (and louder than before). Super Road Blaster, Chrono Trigger MSU1, Donkey Kong Country 2 MSU1, Mega Man X MSU1 should play music regardless of the firmware version, just to give a few examples.

Offline mario64

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2016, 04:01 PM »
If it still boots and doesn't smoke you can't have gone too wrong. :) MSU-1 audio should still be there (and louder than before). Super Road Blaster, Chrono Trigger MSU1, Donkey Kong Country 2 MSU1, Mega Man X MSU1 should play music regardless of the firmware version, just to give a few examples.
Great thank you. Yep those are all working. Only issue I can see is no audio during the Zelda cinematic

Offline hking0036

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2016, 05:32 AM »

So for clarification, does this mean we should use bsnes msu1 hacks instead of the sd2snes packed ones because the music is boosted (thinking about doing the fix, but my soldering iron is a little messed up, plus I already have a bunch of sd2snes msu1 hacks). I only ask because I tried to play an sd2snes MMX3 msu1 hack on bsnes and the music was so loud it drowned out the sfx.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 05:52 AM by hking0036 »

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2016, 11:34 AM »
I'd recommend that. That volume difference shouldn't have been there to begin with  :-[