Author Topic: ED64 V3 on 3.05 issues  (Read 812 times)

Offline pyroman512

• View Profile
ED64 V3 on 3.05 issues
« on: December 13, 2020, 08:21 PM »
I've had just updated my ED64 V3 to v3.05 from v2.13. Was excited to find out the newer firmware supported the v3. I have had a few issues with it.

I keep getting a error: B2 USB timeout when navigating the menu that is annoying the crap out of me. Anyone know what is causing that and how I can fix it?

My other issue is since upgrading firmware I noticed none of my .sra saves are recognized anymore and now they are srm. Is the best solution to just convert those to .srm?

Offline IRL Random Hajile

• Bounty Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: ED64 V3 on 3.05 issues
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2020, 09:50 PM »
V3 user here!
Not entirely sure what could be causing that USB timeout error to show up (though I would be irked too if that were happening to me)... but I do know about the SRAM file format alteration.
Older ED64 firmware OS (Pre-X7) reads .sra files, but the X7 firmware OS reads .srm files for SRAM instead.
What I did was rename all my .sra files to .srm so that they could be recognized by the X7 firmware, and that ended up working pretty well for me at the time.
Although, I personally chose to migrate back to an older OS (JonesAlmighty's Unofficial-Official ED64 OS v2.12.8 ) for my V3 because I was coming across some strange problems with the v3.05 X7 firmware the more I've used it. Examples being 64DD cartridge ports not saving correctly, EEPROM saves sometimes being randomly wiped clean for no reason, along with Neon64 NES emulator not creating savefiles when booting up an NES game, even when forcing the save method via save_db.txt which I can only assume is a firmware bug. This was never the case on the older OS'.
"BH75001, Random Hajile... that's
R-A-N-D-O-M H-A-J-I-L-E."