Author Topic: Legend of Zelda OoT/MQ & MM - Gamecube to N64 patches (with fixes/decensorship)  (Read 122355 times)

Offline Silentone2k94

• View Profile
Ah fair enough, thanks!

Offline swankerme

• View Profile
Is anyone currently playing OoT MQ and could share a save file with me?

My ED64 has been having strange issues and it erased my 10+hour save file for this game. I just became adult link. I love the MQ version - but I don't want to restart!

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
You might be in luck.  Here are the Super Smash Bros Brawl save games:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s5com6lmyrq84lq/SSBB_OoT_Saves.zip

One of them starts you as adult link and one as young link.  You'll have to test them to figure out which one.  Note, there are probably 6 save games in that file since there's young and adult links saves in NTSC-U, NTSC-J, and PAL formats.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
You might be in luck.  Here are the Super Smash Bros Brawl save games:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/s5com6lmyrq84lq/SSBB_OoT_Saves.zip

One of them starts you as adult link and one as young link.  You'll have to test them to figure out which one.  Note, there are probably 6 save games in that file since there's young and adult links saves in NTSC-U, NTSC-J, and PAL formats.

What does Super Smash Bros Brawl have to do with N64 save files, please?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
I don't know the exacts, but SSBB has Masterpiece games where you get 5 minutes to play a game.  Ocarina of Time is one of the games you can pick and you can choose between 5 minutes as young Link or 5 minutes as adult Link.  I went in a couple years back and checked the rom (standard Ocarina of Time v1.2) and pulled the saves from it.  Those saves are in that zip file. 

Nothing special about them.  No cheats or anything.  Just standard save games with the basics you start the game with (young Link) or that you would have right after pulling the Master Sword (adult Link).
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
I don't know the exacts, but SSBB has Masterpiece games where you get 5 minutes to play a game.  Ocarina of Time is one of the games you can pick and you can choose between 5 minutes as young Link or 5 minutes as adult Link.  I went in a couple years back and checked the rom (standard Ocarina of Time v1.2) and pulled the saves from it.  Those saves are in that zip file. 

Nothing special about them.  No cheats or anything.  Just standard save games with the basics you start the game with (young Link) or that you would have right after pulling the Master Sword (adult Link).

Oh right. I've never heard of that before. Thanks.

Offline swankerme

• View Profile
Interesting. But I don't believe standard OoT saves are compatible with the MQ Rom. At least, the ones I've downloaded and renamed haven't worked yet. I get the FAT ERROR when trying to use it.

That's why I'm hoping somebody is currently playing this MQ Rom and could save their progress and send.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Ocarina of Time and MQ have the exact same save files confirmed through quite a lot of testing.  It sounds like you may need to reformat your SD card.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile

Console compatible widescreen is in progress, along with a few other fixes.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:27 AM by Aroenai »
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline GhostlyDark

• View Profile
I used the patch for: Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (Europe) (GameCube Edition).z64 and played the game in German.
When speaking to Tingle the game softlocks. The letter W is not shown properly or at all and might be the cause for this mess.
Used GlideN64 video plugin and tested both PJ64 v2.4 and m64p.

Issue aside, I really like that patch.

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
Do you have a screenshot or a save state?
---

Online supersign

• View Profile
(Disregard this message.)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 07:57 PM by supersign »

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
GhostlyDark, I found what was causing it, I'll have it fixed in the next patch I upload (maybe this weekend?).
---

Offline GhostlyDark

• View Profile
@Aroenai
Awesome! Looking forward to the update.

Offline Muyfa666

• View Profile
I just found this thread and I almost lost it. Perfect versions of perfect games. Kudos and big thanks! :-)

Two questions;

1. I read the whole thread but I can't really tell any difference when using the no-aa patch vs not using it. What does it actually do?

2. Which emulator and versions plays these games best today? I know MM had some severe timing issues and transparancy filter problems back in the days...