Author Topic: Legend of Zelda OoT/MQ & MM - Gamecube to N64 patches (with fixes/decensorship)  (Read 185279 times)

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
I think this is more confusion about what the bonus patches are on the first post.

All the GC to N64 patches here remove the censorship, the Bonus patches section is for other roms like the retail OoT v1.2 (which primarily reverts the changes made to the Fire Temple music and blood).
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline Mogulkhan

• View Profile
Hi, I am playing legend of zelda majora's mask version PAL Gamecube with the uncensored patch and when I play the beavers mini game the timer goes by very fast and I can't finish the mini game, has anyone experienced that timer effect in that mini game?

Regards.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
I put a couple hours into looking this up.  For now I'd say just load up the NTSC version with your save game and get through the race.  I may come back around to this at some point.  It also plays just fine in PJ64.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Mogulkhan

• View Profile
I put a couple hours into looking this up.  For now I'd say just load up the NTSC version with your save game and get through the race.  I may come back around to this at some point.  It also plays just fine in PJ64.

Hi ozidual, thanks for replying.

In the end I solved it by passing my saved game to the Project 64 emulator and there I was able to finish the beavers mini-game without any problem, but it's funny how the N64 loses FPS in that mini-game and the timer continues normally, but well, as you pointed out the best alternative is to play it on Project 64 and then pass the game to everdrive 64.

Regards.

Offline upaluppa

• Dream and Friends
    • View Profile
    • Upa's Youtube Channel
Hi Aroenai and Ozidual,

I can't thank you enough for your work on these Gamecube to N64 patches. It's the closest we can get to a proper NTSC release with multilanguage support. Thank you so much for this.

Currently there is a game stopping issue with Tingle in Majora's Mask when playing the game in German. When he asks if you want to buy one of his maps the dialogue box glitches. The game is still running, but you are stuck on the text box and can't do anything except reset the game.

I did get around the issue by switching the language to English to buy Tingle's maps, saving, and then playing in German again, but I wish it could be properly fixed somehow.

Also, I recently discovered that a Non-Master Quest OOT Debug build has been released. I won't link to it here, but I can tell you where, if needed.

Is there a chance we might get a Gamecube to N64 patch for that version someday? I got so used to having the double text speed and the smoother framerate in your patched OOT that I wish these life savers could be added to the new OOT Debug version too.

I figured it can't hurt to ask. Well, if you can't work on my requests that's okay too, you already did so much goodness for one of my favourite games.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2020, 12:27 AM by upaluppa »
Just a true hearted lad.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
There is an updated patch with that issue fixed, it's just not published yet because I'm working on other features still.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline jacksonf

• View Profile
Hey, I've been using your patches for Master Quest (USA) with only one issue: some dialogues are cutoff. I've seen this behavior when you speak with the guard in front of Kakariko Village when you're a kid and some Goron fella I forgot. The text starts fine but stops showing some characters and the NPC animation gets frozen until it goes to next text box. No big issue as it doesn't forces you to restart. It may be on my end, but I tried Mupen64plus-next from RetroArch and Project64:
Sometimes it doesn't happen, but that's exactly how it looks. It's froze in that frame, music continues normally too and responds to pressing A Button.

And a request if you may, there's a known glitch in every version of the game about the second Deku Nut upgrade. There's two scenarios for this glitch to happen:

1.- If you don't upgrade before getting the Master Sword, you can't obtain the bag (this one was fixed on v1.1 apparently).

2.- And another one persistent on every edition: If you get the Poacher's Saw before the second Deku Nut upgrade, there's also no way to get it afterwards. This glitch was only fixed in Ocarina of Time 3D. You can read more about it here.

Thanks for your work!

EDIT: Added a screenshot and some more info.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 03:36 AM by jacksonf »

Offline Pat-O-Burn

• View Profile
Hello Guys :)

I am new to the Everdrive community (mine's in the mail, should arrive soon hopefully :D ), but I've been using this wonderful patch on emulator for a while now! Being able to use the PAL official version on MQ for OoT is great!

I've been seeing some cool QoL mods (bunny mask makes you run faster as a kid, hoover or iron boots and ocarina quickselect on d-pad buttons...) and also graphical mods (Twilight Princess Link in OoT, or 3DS Link in N64 OoT!), and I'd like to know how complicated it would be to import those models and mods inside this already patched GC MQ OoT Rom?

Provided I can get the 3D models in .skp, can I convert them to .obj and then import them with the zztools for the Debug Rom or is that a no go for the GC official PAL rom?
How about Hex editing my way through the patched rom so that I can find the right addresses to modify Links' models?

Many thanks in advance for those who can point me to the right path ^^
Cheers