Author Topic: Legend of Zelda OoT/MQ & MM - Gamecube to N64 patches (with fixes/decensorship)  (Read 173486 times)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Don't search the CRC, just the filename.  Anything you find with that file name should patch properly.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline polskiftw

• View Profile
Hmm ok. Well I will just attempt to patch them all and see what works then. Searching that filename on Google only points back to here, so I will just have to play around.

Also, does it matter if the file is .n64 instead of .z64?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
You'll want to switch it to .z64.  It's pretty easy to do, just follow the instructions at the top of my thread: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5281.0
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline polskiftw

• View Profile
Ok all is good now. I had the correct ROM. It was in .n64 format so I used Tool64 to swap it to z64 (like you said in tutorial) and then the patch applied successfully.

I will never lose this ROM lol.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
Dat-O-Matic/No-Intro uses the file hashes for the  Byteswapped (.v64) roms and renames the extension to .n64 (which has traditionally been used for Little-Endian). The patches are for the Big-Endian format (.z64) so the hashes are for the Big-Endian roms.

The Gamecube discs have the roms stored in Big-Endian format.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
Alas, I think I've come to the conclusion that all of the fan translations of these games suck in different ways...

I've ported Fserve's Brazilian Portuguese translation of Ocarina of Time to the Master Quest USA rom, it's based on the v1.7 patch with some additional file select textures from the Projecto-BR Majora's Mask v1.1 patch and all of the extra spaces in the script have been removed (they caused an awkward delay on many text boxes). Like the original patch, area names, boss titles, and some pause menu textures remain untranslated. Any translation assistance and play-testing would be appreciated to complete the patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9lxw0wls6g4dv7m/OoT-MQ-U-n64_T-BR.zip
---

Offline wprpalmeida

• View Profile
Aroenai, thanks for these patches! At least the USA ones work perfectly so far, and I friggin love the Expansion Pak support for OoT. Now I just can't wait for the Goht boss battle cutscene to be corrected for your patch to become the ultimate MM experience

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
Well, you didn't have to wait long. Goht cutscene fix uploaded, check the first post for the new patch. ;D
---

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
That's funny. I was just tracing the code on that last night. I figured you were busy with translations :) Congrats!

Offline GBM

• View Profile
Re: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest patch for real n64
« Reply #144 on: August 26, 2016, 06:29 PM »

??
Majora's Mask Masterquest: http://pastebin.com/RLzh6FpJ
Just in case you ever want to have a look at MM Masterquest, I figured the mod uses the original N64 NTSC (USA) version so I suppose the only things that need to/ can be changed are:
  • Restore the original 4th heart piece collection sound from the Japanese release (matches OoT)
  • English text has been massively overhauled (correct transposed control characters and missing Japanese/N64 PAL sounds, remove mixed silver and white text added in the GC text, save and return to the Dawn of the First Day text did not color cycle, incorrect text coloring throughout the script)
  • Restore Skull Kid's original face
Issues planned to be addressed:
  • Include the corrected Goht boss battle cutscene from the Japanese v1.1 (all others use the v1.0 cutscene where Link is unintentionally run over).
I know this mod probably won't get its fix but just wanted to inform you that the version (1.1) I posted earlier was outdated.
Current version available is 1.2: http://pastebin.com/qHhSPEKw
Since I couldn't find a complete changelog I copied everything I could find from this and previous releases:
Code: [Select]
Majora's Mask Master Quest is a romhack made by Deathbasket
This is NOT an official release by nintendo.

Master Quest includes:
Different overworld
Different dungeon layouts
Unable to buy explosives
No Index Warp
Double Damage from enemies
Changes from 1.0:
Removed boulder near Snowhead that crashed game when broken
Fixed some dungeon switches
Fixed Epona not appearing in Termina Field
Fixed camera/movement lock after burning bouncy webs
Changes from 1.1:
Fixed Gekko softlock due to error in health checking
Fixed Woodfall stairs void
Zora can no longer use all its items underwater
Some changes to Ikana Castle
Some changes to Great Bay Temple
Added some switch and chest cutscenes
More information about the creator (Deathbasket): http://pastebin.com/u/DeathBasket
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 10:48 PM by GBM »

Offline fabio_rosendo

• View Profile
Alas, I think I've come to the conclusion that all of the fan translations of these games suck in different ways...

I've ported Fserve's Brazilian Portuguese translation of Ocarina of Time to the Master Quest USA rom, it's based on the v1.7 patch with some additional file select textures from the Projecto-BR Majora's Mask v1.1 patch and all of the extra spaces in the script have been removed (they caused an awkward delay on many text boxes). Like the original patch, area names, boss titles, and some pause menu textures remain untranslated. Any translation assistance and play-testing would be appreciated to complete the patch.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9lxw0wls6g4dv7m/OoT-MQ-U-n64_T-BR.zip
One question Orenai, whith ROM i need to use with this patch, regular "Ocarina of Time" or "Master Quest" rom ???
And what is the CRC of the Rom i need.
Thanks for your hard work, great job.

Offline Aroenai

• View Profile
The full details are in the first post under Bonus Patches. It is a patch for the Master Quest USA rom, however I will be porting it to the normal Ocarina of Time GC USA rom once the remaining untranslated text has been completed (they're textures so I need to create them in Photoshop first, Junninx gave me some translations already).

@GBM, I have no plans for MM Master Quest at this time.
---

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
@GBM: It shouldn't need any adjusting.  It looks like it is based off of the Demo version of MM, which appears to be in N64 format already.

Offline GBM

• View Profile
It looks like it is based off of the Demo version of MM, which appears to be in N64 format already.
Unlikely if you ask me because it's possible to save at owl statues in the mod which it should't in the demo. Unless the creator added that feature again...

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Good call.  Both the Demo and NTSC-U 1.0 match in the beginning, I was just cracking open MM for the first time.  It's based on NTSC-U N64.  Demo and N64 look very similar in the beginning.  I compared MMMQ to all of the GC releases, and it's nothing like them.