Author Topic: Everdrive N8 not working on my toploader but works on another.  (Read 475 times)

Offline themechanicalkoopa

• View Profile
hello everyone. So I have been using my everdrive on a toploader I borrowed from someone to get back to gaming as my front loader recently died. And the everdrive N8 (not the pro) has been suiting me perfectly fine for a while now. but I recently purchased a top loader online of my own so I could return the one I have been borrowing. Welp. I got it today and tried to use my ED on it and it gives me constant error codes. all different kinds of codes actually. But the weird thing is it plays other carts perfectly fine. I even went as far as to take a different SD card and load the firmware onto it from my original SD cart that came with the everdrive. and still the same issue. I even went as far as to try the secondary SD card on the other toploader (the one I have been borrowing) and it works just fine without any issues. But the moment I use the toploader I just got today it's the same issue. The console has all original power plug controller and tv hook-up. And it plays regular carts just fine, but everdrive NOPE doesn;t wanna have anything to do with it. I even tried the region thing to reset it several times to get it to work and still to no avail. I know my everdrive is original and legit cause I got it from Stone Age Gamer. So I know that's not the issue. like I have googled every possible thing to try and I still can't get it to work. funny tho. When I reset it several times I can get the main menu to pop up and even a games list but when I try to load a game it just crashes with an error code. Anyone ever have this issue? I really hope the console isn't screwed. And I don't think it's been modded either. Any ideas? thanks in advance.

Koopa

Offline zaphro72

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive N8 not working on my toploader but works on another.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 07:07 PM »
Did you try using the power adapter from the working toploader with the non-working toploader to try and see if it was an issue with teh power supply? Maybe your new toploader needs a recap or something else?

Offline themechanicalkoopa

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive N8 not working on my toploader but works on another.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 02:54 AM »
yea I tryed the power supply from the working toploader as well. just stumpped as to why it wouldn't work. kinda out of ideas at this point. but it's okay. I mean it still plays games no problem. Beat Castlevania completely and did it in just under 12 mins to test it lol. and it worked fine.