Author Topic: Fire Emblem - Window border glitch on EDN8  (Read 18357 times)

Offline wyatt8740

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem - Window border glitch on EDN8
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2016, 11:22 PM »
Speaking of games people actually play, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riXELcKxhDc. (Legend of Zelda)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 11:40 PM by wyatt8740 »

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2016, 06:03 PM »
I tried Legend of Zelda (PRG0/non Rev.A) on my Famicom and EverDrive N8.  I could not reproduce the bug as shown in your videos.  My Famicom has revision E CPU and PPU chips.  I do not believe this makes it any closer to knowing whether this is a bug with the EverDrive or the revision D PPU (and probably earlier) in your Famicom.
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Offline wyatt8740

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Hey, goombakid, thanks for locking my other thread when it was about a separate problem.

Quote from: goombakid link=http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5057.msg38607#msg38607
We get you are not a patient person, and you demand things to be done now...not now, but right now.
Oh, it's not like I waited four months in silence before I came back, or anything.

Oh yeah, four months is right now, to you.

Also, I found a complete GoodNES set (3.14) to compare my Zelda ROM to, and I hope this answers some questions.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2016, 07:06 PM »
four months is not really that long when waiting for an everdrive OS update, people have waited longer for OS updates to fix bugs in the past.
 the wait is more than likely due to the amount of products krikzz has available which all require attention and updates, also krikzz appears to be quite busy finishing off the gba everdrive which a lot of users on here myself included have requested on the forums many times.
 last time when krikzz rolled out OS updates he pretty much updated most of his products one after another.
 i don't want to speak for krikzz but i would guess that when he is done with the gba everdrive he will get back to everdrive OS updates and there will be bug fixes.
 i'm really hoping that this don't get out of hand and i understand your frustrated as i've said a few times already but when it comes to everdrive updates it really is a waiting game, krikzz has noted the mmc4 fire emblem 1 and 2 bug and said he will tackle it with the next OS update, he is not going to give anyone preferential treatment when it comes to instant updates to fix a specific bug and others people have waited longer for a specific game bug fix (low g man for example).
 krikzz never promised mmc5 full support as far as i remember but you have an argument that the mapper chart shows mmc5 as green which means supported which is misleading, i assume krikzz would agree that mmc5 being listed as green could be misleading and another colour for partial support would make sense but nobody is perfect, i'm sure krikzz did not mean to mislead anyone with the chart, he has been clear about very limited castlevania 3 only mmc5 support for a long time.
 as for the legend of zelda bug, it seems like you found something rare could be unique to your setup for some reason because nobody has ever complained about this bug before and as you say legend of zelda is a game many people will play.
 as i say let's not let's not let this get out of hand, the mmc4 bugs should be fixed next OS update, patience is the key when waiting for updates and who knows maybe mmc5 support will be improved in the future, hell maybe someone will make a third party mmc5 mapper because krikzz is not againt that at all and we already have some third party mappers it's just mmc5 is a big job.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Hey, goombakid, thanks for locking my other thread when it was about a separate problem.

Quote from: goombakid link=http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5057.msg38607#msg38607
We get you are not a patient person, and you demand things to be done now...not now, but right now.
Oh, it's not like I waited four months in silence before I came back, or anything.

Oh yeah, four months is right now, to you.

Also, I found a complete GoodNES set (3.14) to compare my Zelda ROM to, and I hope this answers some questions.

Do us all a favor, sell your everdrive N8, and stop posting here.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2016, 05:15 AM »
The reason I locked the other thread was because it was already rolling into a shouting match with you and Smokemonster, where KRIKzz has already made his point.

I apologize for the nerve I hit with the "not now, but right now" statement. It is a gross exaggeration of time. But upon your return, you've vented your frustration that no fix was done, thus starting your fits.

I couldn't stay idle at the situation anymore.

I think you need a time out. I'm trying to stop you from blowing a gasket and also upset the other users in your frustration.

I think a 7 day sabbatical may help you. When/If you come back, please play nice with everyone. Who knows, maybe when you come back, the mapper glitches might be solved and everyone would have forgotten about this.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 05:28 AM by goombakid »

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2016, 10:11 AM »
...doesn't randomly glitch out on final fantasy on front loading NESes...

You're the only person who's ever had an issue with that game. There's either something wrong with your NES, or something wrong with your EDN8, or both.

I'm willing to bet the Zelda bug is the same way.

Offline wyatt8740

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2016, 07:33 AM »
You missed that there was only one other person who tried a 72 pin everdrive in a front loading NES and he had the same issue. Everyone else was using famicoms or the 60 pin version in an adapter.

Offline leoncrise

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2016, 05:56 PM »
So this post has become a vocal fighting one? Relax, people!!

Offline Asaki

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 03:56 PM »
You missed that there was only one other person who tried a 72 pin everdrive in a front loading NES and he had the same issue. Everyone else was using famicoms or the 60 pin version in an adapter.

I have the 72 pin EDN8, and I tried it on a front loader and a model 2, and couldn't reproduce the bug. I remember others trying it also and not reproducing it.

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2016, 10:28 PM »
I have an NES toploader w/ 72 pin N8 and a Famicom AV with a 60 pin N8 and can't reproduce that Zelda glitch either. I tried w/ SS on/off on both and nothing. It's more than likely his NES, or his N8 or a combination of both. (However the FE glitch DOES appear on my end so that is a genuine, universal glitch on the N8's side)