Author Topic: How to remove regional protection of some games ?  (Read 3809 times)

Offline johnson

• View Profile
How to remove regional protection of some games ?
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:29 PM »
with paladin patch the game shadowman (pal) to NTSC  and change the language, the game now have full color  but  it has a screen that says " THIS GAME IS NOT DESIGNED FOR USE ON THIS TELEVISION SYSTEM" however the screen has color and sound correctly

Offline AW87

• View Profile
Re: How to remove regional protection of some games ?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 01:24 AM »
Strange. "... not designed for use on this television system"? How can a game detect, what kind of TV is used? Or do you mean "... not designed for your type of console"?

Offline nncoolg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 02:51 AM »
I Have the same problem with HSV Adventure Racing, it would be nice if someone could fix it...

the link is in my signature... \/

Also, can someone please have a look at this, it would be good to be one step closer to a full, working ROM set :http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2356.msg24318;topicseen#msg24318

Offline johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 02:54 AM »
It detects that the rom is 50 hz and my tv and my console are 60hz (NTSC)  and therefore the regional protection appears , but I think there are ways to remove that protection

Offline nncoolg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 03:18 AM »
I think its actually the rom checking the CIC chip in the console and rejecting it but yeah, I guess its just a different way of doing the same thing.
Its mostly due to Region locking though from developers rather that lack of display capability.
Also, can someone please have a look at this, it would be good to be one step closer to a full, working ROM set :http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=2356.msg24318;topicseen#msg24318

Offline silviola

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:15 AM »
Try execute it with line comand.

paladin /n /f romname

/f = Fix country-check (usually called PAL/NTSC-Fix)