Author Topic: Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)  (Read 61907 times)

Offline GBM

• View Profile

Could someone post a list of OoT and OoT MQ hacks that work on the ED64?
Quote from: GBM
Hacks that use the debug rom:
Voyager of Time: http://forums.zeldaspeedruns.com/index.php?topic=1266.0
Ruinous Shards: https://www.the-gcn.com/files/file/75-ruinous-shards/

Hacks that use Masterquest (GC/NTSC):
Petries Challenge: http://cloudmodding.com/zelda/mod/petrie

??
Majora's Mask Masterquest: http://pastebin.com/RLzh6FpJ
Those are the ones that I've tested and work on ED64.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 04:43 PM by GBM »

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
I'm pretty close to finishing r2 versions of my patches.  r2 will currently include Game Saved and the Water Temple Door fix for the MQs (thanks Aroenai and fkualol!).  If you don't want these updates, download the current patches while they're still available :)

By the way, it looks like you didn't change the offset tables or DMA entries for the German and French text. You might want to fix that as well.  ;)
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
@ GBM:  Thanks!  I skimmed a few forums and it seemed like people couldn't agree on which patches worked or not.  I'm taking a look at the others right now.  I'll leave Majora's Mask Masterquest up to Aroenai if he's interested as I have no plans to crack open Majora's Mask.

@ Aroenai: Huh, totally missed that.  Got it in the Debug ROM :)  Thanks!

A heads up to everyone my PAL MQ (1.0), PAL MQ (GC2N64), PAL GC (1.0) and PAL GC (1.0) need fixing.  The German and French is off on all of them.  I'll add that fix into the r2 fixes, it'll be simple enough to fix as the Debug ROM has similar offsets.  If you play them in English, you shouldn't notice a thing :)
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
OK, Voyager of Time is uploaded:

GC2N64  see main page
1.0  see main page

This has all of the fixes for my two patches except the Fire Temple Music.  They made changes to the Audioseq file, and that will/would take some time to fix.  The text looks like it was fixed already, so I left it alone after skimming it.  Enjoy! 

Aroenai, feel free to leap off this patch and add your stuff to it if you'd like.

EDIT: The patches should be applied to the Voyager of Time ROM, not the Debug ROM. These two patches also include the Water Temple door fix.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:02 AM by ozidual »
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
Are you still going to be able to add the Nintendo 64 logo at the beginning of the master quest rom?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
I would like to, but from what I've heard it will be a massive undertaking.  Same with the language select for the PAL ROMs.  I have some ideas for freeing up some space in the code for these patches.  I've also considered remaking the new Gerudo symbols so they fit better (since the new symbol is used in a lot of the future games) and many other side projects, but I'm feeling a little burnt out.  This has been taking up all of my free time since February I think. At this point, I may just maintain the patches, take some time off, and come back later refreshed.

I'll finish up with creating the patches for the Zelda Hacks since that doesn't take much thought, just some time.  If Aroenai releases updates that make sense for my patches, I'll add those in.  If people find bugs, I'll fix them.  I'm not going away - I'll probably still check and post in the forum regularly :)  I just won't be creating new content for them for a time.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
First off, re-download that Voyager of Time patch (the links have been updated).  There's nothing wrong with the old patches, but the new ones include the Game Saved patch and I removed the button presses in the bottom right corner.  It's a little more like a complete game for the N64 :)

Second, I have the Game Saved (not Debug) and Water Temple Door fixes (MQ only) done for the rest of the patches.  I'll probably upload those tomorrow night as I'm a little tired tonight.

@kmksoulja: You piqued my interest and I looked into the Nintendo 64 logo at the beginning.  I almost got it going on the Debug version.  I have most of the code ready, just no place to put it :)  I've freed up about 7 words, but I would need at least 20 to make it look like it's supposed to.  With what i have, I might be able to make the logo appear for a time and cut out, or fade in then cut out, or cut in and fade out.  It wouldn't look good, and it's not really worth it for the Debug ROM.  I played around with NTSC-U MQ, but it looks like they stripped out even more for the Gamecube releases.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Everything updated except Voyager of Time which was updated yesterday.  Also, Ruinous Shards now has both of my patches as well.

This update adds the Game Saved screen after saving, except for the Debug patch because it involved disabling a debug feature.  The Water Temple Door fix has been added to all Master Quest patches including the Debug patch.

For Ruinous Shards and Voyager of Time I added the Game Saved screen even though they are Debug ROMs since the debug feature shouldn't be necessary.  I also fixed the Water Temple Door for both since it looked like the Water Temple wasn't modified very much.  I have not played these hacks though, so if it needs to be disabled again, please let me know.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
20 words you say, I'm assuming you mean 80 bytes right? I could probably help in that department, I know of a few areas you might be able to squeeze it in. Where's that code for the logo screen live?
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
I was just looking into that :)  I cleared out all the z_title.c lines below the NOT MARIO CLUB VERSION around BCf920 and threw in my testing code as a proof of concept.  That part works, but the testing code just goes from invisible to visible (with the correct timing) and then cuts right back to invisible before repeating.  I've tested the flip over to the title screen and that works separately.  I just need to do a little work converting my notes into code and finding the timing for how long the N64 stays fully visible before fading.  I should be able to do it tomorrow night.

I think it will be around 15 lines of MIPS code.

EDIT: Got it!  Couldn't sleep.  Check your PMs Aroenai.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:02 AM by ozidual »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
I was testing the new Intro out, and decided to test it with the Zelda Hacks.  So, the Ruinous Shards and Voyager of Time patches now include the Nintendo 64 Intro.

This probably makes these patches complete since I don't think they have French/German translations available.  I also updated All Patches to include these.

Aroenai and I are still working on transferring the Nintendo 64 Intro to the other patches.  Maybe it will work? :)

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
the only GC version I find is labeled as (E) and I'd really like to have the (U) version so I could use it in French.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 06:36 PM by FrenchyToasty »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
You'll want the E version for French.  E=Europe/PAL, U=USA/NTSC, J=Japan/NTSC.

Offline GBM

• View Profile

Aroenai and I are still working on transferring the Nintendo 64 Intro to the other patches.  Maybe it will work? :)
You guys, the both of you, are amazing! Thank you for your hard work! Have you also had a look at Petrie's challenge or are changes in that hack to big too be adapted?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 12:21 AM by GBM »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
If you downloaded the Zelda Hacks patches since I just updated them to add the Intro, you might want to re-download.  Sorry :(  There was a tiny error, which may or may not show up when you run the ROM.  It would only show up in that Nintendo 64 Intro screen.  NEMU is good for testing, but it doesn't catch everything :)

@GBM: Thanks :)  We try.  I haven't looked at Petrie's yet.  Someone sidetracked me into doing the Intro :)  I don't forsee any problems getting the majority of the fixes into it. 

I tested the Intro fix on PAL MQ and it worked great - thanks Aroenai for finding a place for my code!  I skimmed NTSC-U MQ and it looks like it will work there as well.  So, I should be able to add the intro to Petrie's as well.

I'll probably try to get the intro going for MM before I look at Petrie's. Also, at some point, I may try to isolate the Fire Temple music better so it can be added to the Zelda Hacks.  I thought I was done hacking for a time but I guess not :)  I can't complain, it got fun again.