Author Topic: Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)  (Read 61889 times)

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
I was under the impression the US version was patched to have the PAL languages...

sucks that for French we have to use the PAL version only because it's unplayable on most tvs in North America.

For me it's off cetered and most of the time black and white.

Offline GBM

• View Profile
I was under the impression the US version was patched to have the PAL languages...

sucks that for French we have to use the PAL version only because it's unplayable on most tvs in North America.

For me it's off cetered and most of the time black and white.
Have you tried forcing NTSC/MPAL instead of using default? Since the PAL version is genuinely PAL60 compatibility should rather be good. Otherwise an RGB mod will solve your problem.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
I'm pretty sure you have to change the P to an E in the rom header and correct the checksum otherwise it tries to play in PAL50 on console (which will make the sound bad since it's expecting 60hz). Test out the patch on my topic and let us know if it works (I changed the header on there already), I'm in the process of updating my patches but there's already a "default to French" patch you can use.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
According to Real N64 CRC Tool, there's no need to change the CRC when you change the letter.  Basically, open the ROM in a hex editor, and within the first few lines is NZLP.  Just change that to NZLE (caps required), save it, and it will work on an NTSC TV (US or Japanese TV).  I went ahead and created a 60Hz version as well.

Oh, and everything except the Debug (1.0) and Debug (GC2N64) has been updated to include the N64 Intro.  The reason the Debug patches haven't been updated is that the Nintendo 64 Intro also destroys some of the Debug code.  That said, I have added the Intro to the Zelda Hacks that are built on the Debug ROM.  Also, All Patches has been updated.

Aroenai should have the updates soon too unless he finds a problem with them (in which case I'll need to update mine too) :)  I'm fairly confident in it though!

Enjoy!
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
I converted a PAL rom with PALadin and it still gave the same results... :( that's why I was psyched up for this... anyway it's for my girlfriend as I personally prefer english for games.

She can play on my 3DS in french.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
@FrenchyToasty: If you have Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest (E), then you'll want:
Check Page 1

If you have Zelda Ocarina of Time (E), then you'll want:
Check Page 1
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:29 AM by ozidual »
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
If I understand right this'll make it 60Hz and allow me to play on an ntsc tv without issues...

is there any patch of the sort for majora's mask?!

This is great!

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
Nice I tested it and everything worked, I also had a save with the game started in french on the normal versioni so it remained.

If I enter those GS codes to have the Master Quest in french too it'll remain. I have no idea of how the gameshark cheats are added into the new OS, I'll have to check this out.

SO those patch include all of the changes in the first post right? That's great!

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Yup yup.  Those patches include everything.  If you already have a save game in French, you won't need the language codes.  It's only for when you create a new game or if you start a game in one language, but want to play it in another language.

For Majora's Mask, check Aroenai's post (similar title to mine).  He includes language codes for that too.  He also has 60Hz PAL patches for OoT and Master Quest.  His patches have everything mine do + some patches that add back in hidden features that weren't available in the regular releases because of bugs.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
If I understand right this'll make it 60Hz and allow me to play on an ntsc tv without issues...

is there any patch of the sort for majora's mask?!

This is great!

Yes on my thread, I even mentioned it when you first asked in another thread.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline kmksoulja

• View Profile
The n64 logo looks awesome!  Great work!

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Thanks! :)  Keep an eye on Aroenai's Majora's Mask patches too.  I just sent him the fixes for those.  The Intro fix turned out to be almost the same for MM, but with very different timing.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Does anyone know if Petrie's Challenge patches anything but PAL MQ?  The readme says it should patch NTSC-U MQ, but I have a version I pulled from my own Gamecube disc that isn't working.  The error says it should patch NTSC-J MQ, but no dice there either.

I'm working on the PAL Language Change Screen too, but since I'm starting from scratch, it is going very slowly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:29 AM by ozidual »

Offline GBM

• View Profile
I think I got the same problem back when I tried to patch the game. There are at least two versions of the OoTMQ (USA) rom, one works, the other doesn't.

You could check out these or keep searching it shouldn't be too hard to find a working one:
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5242.0

Or download the patched game directly from here:
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3901.msg36268#msg36268

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
There are still more updates on the way.  I'm pretty sure I found a Gerudo Symbol that was missed before, but it has a different palette from the N64 games so it needs converting.  It's about 90% done right now.

If anyone has some time for testing, I have a mostly complete GC2N64 patch for Petrie's Challenge:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/u251iezyrmedug3/PChall_%28GC2N64%2C_no_ZTarg%29.zip
Everything in the GC2N64 category is done (including text) except it still says L Targeting in the Options Menu in File Select.  It must be patched to a Petrie ROM, not an MQ ROM.

Last but not least, I'm in the early stages of a Language Select patch.  I have cleared space for it and should begin coding in the next couple of nights.  It will not be the main Language Select screen, but the Language Select in the Options Menu. The code and textures for both were completely removed, and the Options Menu textures just fit in the space available.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 03:41 AM by ozidual »