Author Topic: Issues with my SD2SNES - Prolonged menu loading time  (Read 3303 times)

Offline GrandisLupus

• View Profile
Issues with my SD2SNES - Prolonged menu loading time
« on: July 24, 2016, 10:15 AM »
I have a SD2SNES, it was given to me as a gift so I'm not exactly sure who it was purchased from but I was told it was someone on ebay.
It works great, I have yet to find a game that has given me any trouble to run.

But the issue that I'm having is that the cartridge itself takes about 5-10 minutes to actually work the first time.
It'll sit on a black screen and eventually it will load the menu just fine and I can play any game that I want from then on in.
I can even turn it off and back on and it would come back fairly quick.

I had a feeling it would be an issue with the power supply since it was a generic one that I bought online... So I went and bought an OEM power cable... and the same issue persists.

I tried upgrading the firmware and it would give me the same issue but before it would load up to the main menu it would come up with a black screen with the white line of text:

0000-0a4fa98f-17d9ce53-00-1

but... after like 20 seconds of seeing the string of numbers/letters it still works okay.

I notice that the clock is always out of date, so I ran a diagnostic with the files provided from the official website and it gave the following results:

===log opened===
derp
SD test... please insert card
=============================

crc1 = d805a1bf crc2 = d805a1bf   PASSED

RTC Test
========
setting clock to 2011-01-01 00:00:00
waiting 5 seconds
new time: FAILED

It stops there.

The cartridge itself has all the looks and stickers from the ones at stone age gamer and when my girlfriend gave it to me, the package looked like that from the stone age gamer store.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that it looks like the real deal but I know how easy it is to make these, as they are open source and all...

Anyway... I've tried different power supplies and different sd cards... and I don't really know what else I can really try.
Is there anything else I can really test for?
Is there a way that I can tell it might be fake/chinese?
Or could it be something to do with the battery itself?

I can play with it just fine, so I'm actually pretty happy with the SD2SNES itself
but it's super annoying to turn it on and have to go find something to do while it kicks in.

I would really appreciate any help in this matter...

Thanks in advance.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
Re: Issues with my SD2SNES - Prolonged menu loading time
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 11:28 AM »
try a new battery

Offline GrandisLupus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 08:13 PM »
Seemed to work at first...

Turned the snes off overnight and now having the usual hassle of getting it to work the first time.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 05:48 AM »
I suspect your SD2SNES is not manufactured by Krikzz.
Use the firmware that originally came with the SD card, not the official one from SD2SNES.de, some chinese quality cartridges can't be updated.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline GrandisLupus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 02:41 PM »
I suspected as much too...

Oh well...

Is there at least a way to tell for sure? Perhaps if I look inside the cart or something? Might make it easier when talking to eBay.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 05:13 PM »
I suspected as much too...

Oh well...

Is there at least a way to tell for sure? Perhaps if I look inside the cart or something? Might make it easier when talking to eBay.

No easy way to tell, just don't buy them off ebay and support Kkrikz by buying directly from him or from one of his authorized resellers.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer