Author Topic: Buttons Not Very Responsive *SOLVED*  (Read 3382 times)

Offline BolinCaker

• View Profile
    • CakerBaby
Buttons Not Very Responsive *SOLVED*
« on: July 21, 2016, 10:50 AM »
So there is a slight delay when I push buttons. I'll push A, and it'll take like 1/4th of a second for it to register. I tried formatting the SD card, but that didn't help. I switched controllers too. So would this be a problem with the everdrive, console, or my thinking was possibly the expansion pack. Bad ram. I don't want to spend money before I know what needs to be replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

IT WAS THE EXPANSION PACK (BAD RAM) I SUBSTITUTED A JUMPER PACK I HAD LYING AROUND AND IT WORKS PERFECTLY NOW
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 06:46 AM by BolinCaker »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Buttons Not Very Responsive
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 03:21 PM »
So there is a slight delay when I push buttons. I'll push A, and it'll take like 1/4th of a second for it to register. I tried formatting the SD card, but that didn't help. I switched controllers too. So would this be a problem with the everdrive, console, or my thinking was possibly the expansion pack. Bad ram. I don't want to spend money before I know what needs to be replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried using a different controller, in case the one you're using is malfunctioning? And try it with only one controller plugged in, in case you have two or more plugged in and one of them is somehow causing the ED64's input reader to malfunction (I don't know if this is possible, but when there's a problem, it's always good to simplify everything in order to locate the problem). And can you try the ED64 on a different N64, to see if the problem is down to your N64.

And have you taken out the Ed64, and tried a few of the same games (but using the real cartridges instead of rom images) to see if the controls really are slower when using the Everdrive 64?

I can't see how it's the fault of the ED64, as when a game is loaded then the ED64 does nothing else (until you reset the N64, or turn the N64 off and on again). So the ED64 can't affect the button response speed at all, as far as I know, though I'm probably wrong. It's an interesting problem, and it'll be interesting to see how you solve it.

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 04:42 PM »
TV lag? Try a different display.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Try an official N64 game, see if there is lag.  Try the same game through the ED64.

Another possibility is the SD card.  Do you have another one of those that you can try?
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 04:44 AM »
Is your TV in Game mode?

sometimes it's the stupidiest details...

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 05:54 AM »
The delay occurs at the Everdrive rom selection screen or in-game?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL