Author Topic: How does this differ from the EZFlash IV?  (Read 20155 times)

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
Re: How does this differ from the EZFlash IV?
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2016, 09:10 PM »
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5468.0;topicseen

in that thread i stated a couple of features the x7 is likely to have.
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline Jiro

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2016, 08:47 AM »
Everdrive has a replaceable battery, I think.  I got my EZ Flash with a leaky battery and had to immediately replace it, which was a major pain.

Also, although new firmware supposedly let an older EZ Flash use SD cards larger than 2G, it just wouldn't work for me.

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2016, 02:08 PM »
i managed to get a 32gb card working with my ezflash
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2016, 08:22 AM »
http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5468.0;topicseen

in that thread i stated a couple of features the x7 is likely to have.

That'd be great if it had the savestates. For now I think I'll buy the X5 to help krikzz's r&d out a bit.

Offline Arnold101

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 06:00 AM »
Just off the top of my head, from nearly ten years of owning the original EZ4 and the new microSD EZ4:

-EZFlash IV has a horrible OS/GUI, limited compatibility, and you have to patch every game if you want (patchy) save support.
-ED-GBA has the EverDrive OS and requires no patching or special software.

-With EZ4 you generally need to flash every single file individually to your SD card using the horrible, horrible EZClient utility. Who knows how long the utitility will even keep functioning? It's Windows-only and the last update was in 2014, and that didn't even seem to fix any of the major bugs (like regular crashing when transferring more than 10 or so games at a time), nor did it bring any new features.
-With ED-GBA, you simply copy/paste to an SD card.

-EZFlash IV has zero software or hardware support, and you will probably never get hardware or software updates.
-ED-GBA has a lifetime warranty and gets regular updates that bring new features and bugfixes. Also, since it's Krikzz, you know it will have like 99.999% compatibility when all is said and done.

Basically, if you LOVE the GBA, you will buy the EverDrive GBA. If you just want a couple of games, maybe the EZ4 would suffice, but you will come to HATE it through time. I'm so glad to see the EZ4 becoming redundant.
seems you are giving free shit on the EZFlash IV. i have it and payed only 34euro shipped, build quality is not good, mine have problems in ejecting the sd wich i solved cutting a little the case, support is non existent and EZ team are shitty person (talked on skype) BUT i can't find any game still now that is not working. if sometimes you find a games that do white screen you have to run it from nor memory and it works perfect, also i NOT use the patcher but i simply copy roms in the sd and it works, you need patcher only on games that cannot save correctly to create the blank save file and they are few. the GUI is 1000 times better than the standard krikkx gui and also longer files names are "moving" so you can easy read it, on krikkx gui this not append. the only thing i prefer on gba ed is the instant loading and no nor memory wich is really slow to write on the EZFlash IV
i use a 32gb card on it
but for what i payed it i'm very happy, if i reach to sell it i would buy a gba ed.

also i have just saw the gba ed is bigger than regular gba cart..i don't like it!!!  >:(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:27 PM by Arnold101 »