Author Topic: Can you use 64GB sd cards in the Everdrive 64?  (Read 3307 times)

Offline Estil

• View Profile
Can you use 64GB sd cards in the Everdrive 64?
« on: August 08, 2016, 09:25 PM »
I was thinking of getting the N64 Everdrive at some point but my complete N64 rom collection is 40.5GB (there's a place you can download complete rom sets in one download, much easier that way) so a 32GB card won't cut it.  So can a N64 use a 64GB card?

Also what's the biggest sd card you can use in the upcoming GBA Everdrive?

Offline J.Beau

• View Profile
Re: Can you use 64GB sd cards in the Everdrive 64?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 10:18 AM »
Yes.

40 gigs is huge btw. My collection is just under 4 gigs, but that consists only of PAL versions. I have some games that weren't released in Europe, but that brings the total nowhere near of 40 gigs. I can't read Japanese, so I skipped on those as wel. Why keep multiple versions of the same game? Buy an 8 gig card and save yourself some money. Doesn't have to be a fast card btw.

Offline Noob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 11:32 AM »
Are you sure you've not downloaded things more than once?

With all of the NTSC-U, NTSC-J, PAL homebrew, hacks, lots of NES (Even with the odd repeat of homebrew/hacks), I see it coming out at just over 20GBs.

Are you sure you're not looking at the zip and unpacked?

Offline Estil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 06:27 PM »
I just checked to be sure...and no, I didn't leave in an extra zipped copy by mistake.  But yeah isn't one of the main ideas of these Everdrives is that you can have virtually any game/rom for that system in existence at your disposal?  And since even 64GB sd cards are super cheap I figure why not?

If the GBA Everdrives can take 128GB cards that'd be enormously helpful...but I can get by on a 64GB one if I really have to (by omitting the x-in-1 roms and the GBA Videos, since those won't work on a Game Boy Player anyway).

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:09 PM »
Delete hacks/other regions/homebrew you aren't interested/multiple versions 1.0, 2.0 etc./ and you should be fine
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL