Author Topic: Patches for TILT pack games  (Read 9643 times)

Offline GBM

• View Profile
Patches for TILT pack games
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:29 PM »
Hi,

since there's no flashcard arround that supports the tilt-sensor used in some games I've been searching for patches to play those games without the typically required hardware.
There used to be patches for Yoshis Universal Gravitation aka Yoshis Tupsy Turvy and Wario Ware Twisted but unfortunately the site that hosted them (pocketheaven.com) is down. Found several topics that referred to that site (check this one out for example) but no additional download link.

Is there anybody that can provide those previously released patches or maybe even a patch for the GB game Kirbys Tilt and Tumble (haven't seen a reference for that game so far but you never know)? Thanks!

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Patches for TILT pack games
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 12:19 AM »
Hi,

since there's no flashcard arround that supports the tilt-sensor used in some games I've been searching for patches to play those games without the typically required hardware.
There used to be patches for Yoshis Universal Gravitation aka Yoshis Tupsy Turvy and Wario Ware Twisted but unfortunately the site that hosted them (pocketheaven.com) is down. Found several topics that referred to that site (check this one out for example) but no additional download link.

Is there anybody that can provide those previously released patches or maybe even a patch for the GB game Kirbys Tilt and Tumble (haven't seen a reference for that game so far but you never know)? Thanks!

Kirbys Tilt and Tumble is a GB game not a GBA game this a GBA flashcart

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:29 AM »
Actually I mentioned that in my post
a patch for the GB game Kirbys Tilt and Tumble
and it could also be playable on goomba but I didn't bother creating a new thread.

Offline Kyle

• Game Genie Guy
    • View Profile

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 11:59 AM »
Amazing, thank you so much.
Here is the fix for the european version (Yoshis universal gravitation): http://www.advanscene.com/html/Releases/dbreleases.php?id=1947
Apparently there is indeed no patch for Kirby Tilt'n'Tumble.

Offline CharlieF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 01:50 PM »
The BGB emulator can emulate the tilting in that Kirby game.

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 02:36 PM »
Thanks for the links, folks.
Both games patches successfully, however, how am I supposed to calibrate Yoshi?
You go through the calibration screens blind and it seems to always end up calibrated fully to one side.

Anyone have experience with this?

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 03:05 PM »

You go through the calibration screens blind and it seems to always end up calibrated fully to one side.

Anyone have experience with this?
The calibration doesn't seem to be necessary. I just started a new game and it worked out of the box.

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 03:41 PM »
Oh yeah  :)

It seems to disregard the calibration system. Good shout.
I do wish the L and R buttons were reversed though. It feels weird to press R and have that side of the screen 'pull up'.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2016, 11:31 PM »
i've been searching for a patch to allow kirby tilt n tumble to work without motion sensor myself, it's shame that there is no patch for this game. i figured that a patch for the kirby game would be just like the gba motion sensor games and someone who knew what they were doing could hack the rom so that the controls work with the dpad but it seems nobody has created such a patch yet.
 does anyone here who knows what they are doing fancy the job? it would be great to play this game on gb everdrive.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 12:18 AM »
i've been searching for a patch to allow kirby tilt n tumble to work without motion sensor myself, it's shame that there is no patch for this game. i figured that a patch for the kirby game would be just like the gba motion sensor games and someone who knew what they were doing could hack the rom so that the controls work with the dpad but it seems nobody has created such a patch yet.
 does anyone here who knows what they are doing fancy the job? it would be great to play this game on gb everdrive.

kirby tilt n tumble is GAMEBOY COLOR

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21 AM »
yeah i know but as it was already mentioned in this thread and the thread is about tilt sensor games i thought i would ask here rather than starting a different thread in the gba section.
 i also requested at the romhacking forums if someone would be kind enough to hack this game. who knows maybe i will get lucky.