Author Topic: 14 August: I have just found a FEW full size DVD cases for Gamecube - RARE  (Read 4395 times)

Offline TonyN

• View Profile

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
Are you the seller??

Offline FrenchyToasty

• View Profile
does the gamecube need a modchip? because I can run my Backups on Wii which is even more convenient as the componant cables for it didn't cost me an arm and leg with a testicle to cover the taxes.

Asking for information as I'm not really interested in butchering my Spice Yellow US Gamecube.

Though I could have a black or platinum GC for free if I really wanted to.

Offline tassadarforaiur

• View Profile
This is mainly for people with xenogc mod chips, we can play burned backups, but we have to make them on mini dvds without a case mod like this.
For most games, just use an og wii for good quality, but the best way to play gameboy color and advance games is with the GameCube. We use the game boy player attachment, with the homebrew "gameboy interface" disk instead of Nintendo disk, and either a hori gameboy controller, or a gba/gba sp connected via the GameCube link cable as a controller.

Offline J^P

• View Profile
This is mainly for people with xenogc mod chips, we can play burned backups, but we have to make them on mini dvds without a case mod like this.
For most games, just use an og wii for good quality, but the best way to play gameboy color and advance games is with the GameCube. We use the game boy player attachment, with the homebrew "gameboy interface" disk instead of Nintendo disk, and either a hori gameboy controller, or a gba/gba sp connected via the GameCube link cable as a controller.

for GBI you can just use "SD media launcher", or use the smash bros melee exploit to run homebrew from memory card(although you need hacked wii to put the GBI files to it).

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
As mentioned above by FrenchyToasty and tassadarforaiur, overall Gamecube satisfaction is best had these days with an original model Wii (has Gamecube controller ports) that has been softmodded and has Nintendont installed, over a component connection. This is how I play Gamecube these days. (Even better, I guess, would be a Wii U with the Wii side softmodded, provided you also have the Gamecube controller adapter that was made for Smash Bros. I haven't done the hack to our Wii U, yet.)

I do have a Gamecube though, with a XenoGC installed, and with matching Gameboy Player. And I do use the Gameboy Interface (GBI) software to run Gameboy Advance games (I still have the retail Gameboy Player disk, but GBI is better), over S-video which is 'good enough' considering how much a component cable would cost.

Anyway, while I could see how being able to use fullsize disks would be more convenient, before I switched to Nintendont on the Wii, I had burned all my Gamecube games on mini dvd-r's, and never had any problems. I used ImgBurn (free) to write the disks. These are the mini disks I used, "Philips Duplicator Grade" in a bulk cakebox. Again, they work very well.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Duplicator-Grade-Silver-Spindle/dp/B0056BYHAM/

« Last Edit: August 16, 2016, 04:19 AM by Hanafuda »

Offline TonyN

• View Profile
No, I am not the seller. But I have just bought a XenoGc modded GameCube and the mini dvd's cost a lot more than full size DVD, no doubt the price of Verbatim mini DVd's will increase, they are getter harder to find!  So, when I spotted this full size DVD tray case I thought I would share with other GC fans. 

But for the retro purist a Wii is not a Gamecubes!

That's all.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:49 PM by TonyN »