Author Topic: Everdrive X5 and Overclock Issues  (Read 3164 times)

Offline RobitGames

• View Profile
Everdrive X5 and Overclock Issues
« on: August 24, 2016, 01:54 AM »
Got the EDX5 and love it, but I want to mention that it does not seem to like being overclocked. I have a GBAccelerator (from Division 6) installed in my AGB that overclocks to x1.5, x1.85 and underclocks to x0.85. Whenever it's overclocked the game freezes and when in the ED menu I get this error: "FAT system not found". It does work when underclocked, however.

I'm assuming this is something a software update can't fix?

EDIT: I just wanted to add that overclocking works great when I play GameBoy/Color games on the Everdrive GB.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:58 AM by RobitGames »

Offline Missingno255

• hi
    • View Profile
Re: Everdrive X5 and Overclock Issues
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 06:18 AM »
This a problem with most Everdrives. I've seen someone on youtube once overclock the 68000 in the Genesis/Megadrive and the Everdrive MD he tested seemed to have problems just running the menu. The games all seem to spazz out in different ways similar to real carts. Although, I guess not with Everdrive GB.
Owned Everdrives: Everdrive MD, Mega Everdrive, Everdrive N8, Everdrive GB X5, Turbo Everdrive, Super Everdrive, Everdrive GBA

Misc Flashcarts: SD2SNES

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 11:07 AM »
Overclocked system out of memory speed limits, and gba dma working faster that sd card controller clocked. System overclocked over 10-20% will not work

Offline RobitGames

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 05:00 PM »
That's what I figured. It's slightly disappointing but I still love the EDX5, so no worries!