Author Topic: Useful programs, tips, links, etc, for use with the Everdrive 64  (Read 62563 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Useful programs, tips, links, etc, for use with the Everdrive 64
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2017, 05:30 PM »
Neon64 NES emulator for the Everdrive 64

This is a hacked version of the Everdrive 64's NES emulator, to add more functions such as being able to save the game to the Everdrive 64.

Features of 0.3b mod compared to original 1.2b:

- Temporary save state in Expansion Pak memory
- Persistent save state in N64 SRAM
- NES SRAM to N64 SRAM redirection (saving to Memory Pak can still be used)
- Screenshot functionality (64drive USB)
- Dither filter disabled

Requirements:
- Expansion Pak
- Dezaemon 3D SRAM (emulation)

The functionality can be accessed by the R+L Menu.

For more information and download: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/neon64-with-savestates.64696/)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:48 PM by Kerr Avon »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2017, 05:37 PM »
Turn off the N64's anti-aliasing (so that the graphics look less blurred, but more pixelated)

The N64 automatically blurs the screen, basically to prevent the circles and diagonal lines from looking like they're made out of blocks (which they are, called pixels). You can temporarily turn this off in some games, using some clever code (or from the menu in Quake 64, the only game I can think of offhand that gives the player this option). Some people prefer anti-aliasing on, whereas others prefer the slightly jagged look that the N64's low resolution (it's a twenty year old machine!) gives when the anti-aliasing is turned off.

For more information and download: http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/is-it-possible-to-disable-anti-aliasing-in-n64-games-via-gameshark-cheats.59916/

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2017, 05:47 PM »
New control setups for some games.

Some games, particularly older ones, don't have as many control options as some people might wish. So Subdrag has released patches to alter the controls for the following games:

Armorines - Project S.W.A.R.M.
Duke Nukem 64
Forsaken 64
Hexen
John Romero's Daikatana
Kirby 64 - The Crystal Shards
Mischief Makers
Mortal Kombat Mythologies - Sub-Zero
Shadowgate 64 - Trials Of The Four Towers
Turok - Dinosaur Hunter
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Yoshi's Story

Full instructions are included in the readme file (called TurokArmorinesAnalogControlModReadme.txt !) in the patches' zip file.

For more information: http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6087.0

To download: http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=312

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 06:33 PM »
Which version of a game should you play? Taking into account things like port quality, bugs, enhancements etc

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6179

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 10:50 PM »
you can convert emulator savegames to use them with your ED64 with ED64-Saveswap

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1396.0

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 10:53 PM »
with a transfer pak you can dump and restore rom/ram from your gameboy cartridges to your ED64 sdcard

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1548.0

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2017, 11:00 PM »
if you want to test your own homebrew quickly on real hardware under linux, there is an open source USB-Uploading tool available

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1407.0

you can use this ultracic 2 testrom, to check if one is installed or not

https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3450.msg36018#msg36018
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 11:11 PM by saturnu »

Offline clevelandGamer29

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 01:14 AM »
Hi I'm new to this everdrive thing & i have a few questions ?
i just got my everdrive 64 today i formatted my sd card i got the os folder on there & a few rooms. My problem is when i go start up my 64 nothing is coming up i double check everything to make sure it's plugged in and everything is plugged in. i put in a different 64 cartridge and everything works. where am i going wrong that my everdrive is not working ?

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Hi I'm new to this everdrive thing & i have a few questions ?
i just got my everdrive 64 today i formatted my sd card i got the os folder on there & a few rooms. My problem is when i go start up my 64 nothing is coming up i double check everything to make sure it's plugged in and everything is plugged in. i put in a different 64 cartridge and everything works. where am i going wrong that my everdrive is not working ?

You'll have to create a new forum thread for your problem, as this is a thread for program recommendations, so most people won't see your post as this thread is rarely visited.

When you do, make sure you mention what version your Everdrive 64 is (version 1, v2, v2.5, or v3.0), and if it's a PAL or NTSC version.

Before you post, though, does your Everdrive have a switch in the SD card's socket? Such as:

If so, this is a PAL/NTSC switch, try setting it to the other setting and then seeing if it works. Also, have you tried a different SD card, as some are not compatible with the ED64?

Please put as much information into your post (does it have a switch, what exactly appears on your TV screen when you boot the ED64, where you bought the ED64, etc), as too much information is always better than not enough when describing a problem, and you never know what might be relevant.

Offline clevelandGamer29

• View Profile
Everdrive 64
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2017, 04:24 AM »
the everdrive that i got was from retrogate its the 2.5. i don't have that pal-ntsc switch on mine. i think I've done just about everything I've tried just doing the everdrive by its self with no SD card but nothing shows on my tv. ill put in a n64 cartridge like mario kart 64 n everything works fine. I've opened the everdrive n only put in the everdrive with out the shell to make sure its sitting all the way in the cartridge slot n i don't get anything on my tv. i can see that its getting power cause the small light comes on red. I've reformatted the SD card so may time but nothing is happening. I'm going to try another SD card to make sure its not that.

Offline EverDriver

• Administrator
  • support
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2017, 12:46 PM »
It seems you have bought an NTSC version. It doesn't have the switch.
What console do you have PAL or NTSC?

Offline Hexatendo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2017, 10:39 PM »
I just thought of this. I know that Krikzz's Hex veiwer is not very good, but the fact that it is there at all combined with a tileset creator for the ed64 menu, couldn't we find unused text in some non-ASCII written games as long as we know what letters/numbers/other characters represent what value? Now I would do this, but I do not know what this tileset creator for the ED64 menu is called is called! Thank you.

Edit: Found it. It's called Pixelfont, and it is a 8x8 font editor, as told by the name.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 11:00 PM by Hexatendo »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2017, 03:08 AM »
I use something similar to this sometimes when finding English letters in Japanese games.  It's a program called ICY Hexplorer.  It has a feature under View called Pixel View.  You can set it to 8 x 8bps and that does a similar thing.

Typically though, I start with the Japanese letters and work backwards from there.  You use NEMU to load up a Japanese game.  Play it until there is text on the screen (usually in game text is better than Menu text).  Then you try to find the Frame Buffer and look for colors.  Colors are usually listed like this FA000000 rrggbbaa in the Frame Buffer.  The FA000000 is there, but the rrggbbaa is the red, green, blue, alpha coloration (e.g. C80000FF, or red text the same color as the Start button in Ocarina of Time).  I look for one that is similar to the color of the text.  Then near that will be an address pointing to something related to the letters on the screen, usually an address to either a whole line of text, or to each individual letter.  From there you dig into the code and work backwards to find out where the text is from.

Usually I only have to do that if it is using a non-standard way of representing text.  There are a couple of other standards besides ASCII, but there are a lot of games that make up their own.
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2017, 03:58 PM »
Regarding N64 game mods, there is a very detailed compatibility list at:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=6046

I thought I'd already posted this in here?  ???

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2017, 07:24 PM »
There's a great site that lists prototypes for the Nintendo 64 (and other machines) at:

http://hiddenpalace.org/Prototypes