Author Topic: Patch N64 games  (Read 7731 times)

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
Patch N64 games
« on: August 26, 2016, 04:03 AM »
 Hey, I don't know the right place for ask for it and can't find much about it...

My everdrive just arrives and I'm trying to patch some n64 roms and translations.

But the recomendation for the patch creators, is to patch to the rom original clear, and with a specific CRC32.

The patch also work if I apply it for one with different CRC32 but I worry it can't be right.

And my roms, from the Multi-rom by smokemonster, (who is said to be the top quality bit-perfect ,untouched roms) doesn't have the same CRC32 what can I do now ?

It's really needed to match the CRC32 ?
 Any information about it can help me thank you !
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 07:39 AM by Junninx »

Offline saturnu

• ヽ(^o^)丿
    • View Profile
    • :D
Re: Patch N64 games
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 09:15 AM »
roms are binary files and there might be different versions of the same game in the same region.
so in theory yes, you should only patch to the game with the exact same checksum the patch creator was using. ^^
-> so you can go sure, you are using the same rom and patching the same offsets in the game

but if you can't find the right rom and the game isn't crashing, you have no other choice than using it anyway :D

if it's working anyway, the rom differences might be so small, that it doesn't matter at all.
or somesone calced a crc32 wrong at some point.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 05:12 AM »
You can get the already patched rom, I think GoodN64 has many translations included in each compressed file.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:21 PM »
Here is a thread containing downloads of most of the translations and hacks available for the N64, already patched, so just download the roms (the game file), put them on your SD card, and play them.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5289.0

The Legend of Zelda roms that include patches by Ozidual and Aroenai, are out of date, but they are still being worked on by their authors, so when they are finished, then the patched roms will be added to the thread.

Also, a new version of Goldeneye X is due out this month, and that will be added too of course. The same with any other patched/translated game that anyone feels is worth having (if you find anything, please add it to that thread).

Regarding patching the files, I tend to use Lunar IPS (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/240/)

and XDelta (http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/928/)

depending on that the patch type is.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 02:29 PM by Kerr Avon »