Author Topic: Retrogate - order status  (Read 7798 times)

Offline Paul

• View Profile
Retrogate - order status
« on: September 07, 2016, 09:10 PM »
Hello, I bought Everdrive GBA X5 and Everdrive N8 NES from retrogate (https://shop.retrogate.com/). Both orders show up as "confirmed" - does it mean the items weren't shipped yet? I ordered the X5 on 26th August and N8 on 5th September.

Offline hking0036

• View Profile
Re: Retrogate - order status
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 08:54 PM »
I'm going to piggyback off of this: I had an order that I got an email saying was shipped on the 26th but the tracking number included still doesn't have any information and I don't know if that's normal. I sent them an email 2 days ago now and I've not heard anything back.

Edit: Mine showed up this past monday, sent as registered mail so it didn't show tracking.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 07:13 PM by hking0036 »

Offline kabamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 09:15 PM »
I ordered an SD2SNES from them 2 days ago. No mail about the package being shipped. I click on the link from the order confirmation mail they sent me to check the order status, and the page says "Restricted access!Order not found! It may have been deleted.". I click "List Orders" in my account's page, there are zero orders. This morning I sent them an e-mail to find out what is going on but no one has answered yet. I just gave them 207 dollars. If I don't get some kind of update from them by Tuesday, I'll try giving them a call. If that doesn't work, I'll contact paypal. I wish krikzz accepted paypal payments to begin with.

Offline kabamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 08:18 PM »
An update:

So I called their shop in Cyprus and asked them about the status of my order. The gentleman that answered the phone didn't ask for my order number or anything, he just said that they had lots of orders lately, hence the slight delay, and that my package will be shipped next week.

In other words, if you want to contact them, you have to pick up the phone and call them.

Offline blackrabite

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 05:02 PM »
Heya, keep us posted, kabamaru! I'm from the U.S., and I placed an order for SD2SNES on Sept 10th. Mine also shows up as "Order Confirmed". I don't know if they will have the time to respond to my e-mail inquiry - sounds like it's busy over there! But, I can't dial internationally on my mobile plan, so here I am.

Anyway, I'm super-excited about the product! I hope if there are delays in getting things shipped out that maybe Retrogate can use this child forum to communicate that? Any statement would be awesome. Thanks, everybody.

Offline kabamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 03:09 PM »
They shipped it this morning. I'm pretty excited myself  :)

Offline blackrabite

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 05:05 PM »
Update: Great news on my side as well, kabamaru! Checked my e-mail this morning and had two from Retrogate: one was a shipping confirmation, and the other was a response to my inquiry a week ago (confirming the item shipped, heh). So, while it appears that their orders are outpacing their correspondence, they are definitely busting them out!

Looking forward to it!

Offline kabamaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 01:37 PM »
I just received mine and it works great so far!

Offline ReWrite

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 07:05 PM »
I'm having similar issues.  Purchased a GBA Everdrive, SD2SNES, and Everdrive N8 in one order.  Have e-mailed twice, sent a message on Facebook, tried Skype calling but it clicks off after roughly 2 rings, tried calling their actual number but it just makes some awful screeching noise like I dialed a bad fax machine or something.  No replies at all.  Ordered on September 27th, still no sign of it having been shipped.  It would be nice if they'd reply to *something*...

Would have ordered straight from Krikzz as I have in the past, but my bank wasn't letting the transaction go through (3 days later they finally sent me an e-mail asking if I actually approved the order *facepalm*).

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2016, 06:14 AM »
I am disappointed with Retrogate.

I ordered something at the end of August, fully aware of the shop slowdown according to the site-wide message, and it took two weeks to ship and a full month from when I ordered to arrive at my address (USA). That seems understandable.

I ordered another item on 10/6, there is no site-wide message alerting of any delays, it is now 10/17 and it still has not shipped. For a store that aims to DELIVER WITHIN 10 DAYS to not have it even ship in that timeframe without any notice or explanation loses my trust. I will probably order elsewhere for the Everdrive in the future.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 10:57 PM »
I am disappointed with Retrogate.

I ordered something at the end of August, fully aware of the shop slowdown according to the site-wide message, and it took two weeks to ship and a full month from when I ordered to arrive at my address (USA). That seems understandable.

I ordered another item on 10/6, there is no site-wide message alerting of any delays, it is now 10/17 and it still has not shipped. For a store that aims to DELIVER WITHIN 10 DAYS to not have it even ship in that timeframe without any notice or explanation loses my trust. I will probably order elsewhere for the Everdrive in the future.

That's a shame because Retrogate was really good a few years ago (before the existence of the Krikzz.com shop).
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Keymaster87

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 09:36 AM »
I would stay far away from ordering anything from Retrogate. Tried registering and was locked out of website! I guess they don't want business. Dummies.....

Offline ageos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 05:18 AM »
I second that.
Stay far away from these guys.
Bought an everdrive off them around the start of September 2017. 
Took my money but would not communicate dispatch info etc after multiple calls and emails for a couple of weeks.  I had to get PayPal involved just to get a useless tracking number.
Pretty much gave up on it up until the last week of December when it came almost 4 months later...
Package was torn open, and lucky to even have the unit in it.