Author Topic: Super Retro Trio save states N8  (Read 5508 times)

Offline NHS2008

• View Profile
Super Retro Trio save states N8
« on: September 08, 2016, 04:46 PM »
I just viewed below clip on Your Tube.

v=-VEOFq4Z5oU

Are the save states still  not working, or do they work now with latest version.

This is ONLY in regard to Super Retro Trio NTSC version.

Offline NHS2008

• View Profile
Re: Super Retro Trio save states N8
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 06:48 PM »
Hi

Offline mrGREEK360

• View Profile
    • mrGREEK360's Tech & Gaming YouTube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 08:47 PM »
I haven't updated since 2014 but mine doesn't have save states on any famiclones.  Why not buy a real nes, they aren't expensive and they run like a tank, if it has a problem its easily fixed.  Get a NES and buy a Blink Light Win 72pin connector for 30$ and it will work first time every time and save states will work.

Games that offered a save on the original cart will still save,  you just don't have instant save states.

Stone Age Gamer Deluxe Flash Carts I Own - Everdrive N8 (Dark Classic) - SD2SNES (Ultra Purple) - Mega Everdrive (Fire Red) - Everdrive 64 (Cobalt Blue) - Everdrive GB (Charcoal Gray)

Other Flash Carts - EZ Flash IV (GBA), Passcard 3 (DS), Gateway (3DS), R4i (DS)

http://www.youtube.com/liquidg

Offline NHS2008

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 10:55 PM »
Sorry for really late reply. I live in India. So  Very hard to find those real Nes around here.

Offline SquallDark

• SeeD
  • Mmh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 12:11 AM »
Hi. I write a message here trying to get a Krikkz reply to know if this can be fixed, if yes, there is actual plans to do save states works in clone systems (like Super Retro Trio) with the current N8 hardware?, I'm not really fan of save states but is a really good alternative to passwords ;D , and some want to play in a non official console because they can't afford one, keep it for collection, commodity of this 3in1 systems, etc.

Hope you can give us a answer. Thanks. See ya.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 05:54 AM »
Because of how many clone systems work (ex. ROM dumping on Retron 5) save states probably will never be possible for those systems on the Everdrive. They don't interact with the cart in the correct way to make them possible.

There are clone systems out there that are capable of save states currently, like the AVS. It uses an FPGA to accurately simulate the hardware of the original console and utilizes the cart in the same way an NES does, making them possible.

Offline SquallDark

• SeeD
  • Mmh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 07:06 AM »
Hi. I guess is because this bad NOAC's that usually comes with bad wiring carts slots, or maybe a controller ports issue?...  I still expect a response from Krikzz, it would be great, oh and thanks for your answer :) . See ya.

Offline NHS2008

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 11:10 PM »
So...Do they work now?