Author Topic: rom problems  (Read 2700 times)

Offline amuggle

• View Profile
rom problems
« on: September 16, 2016, 08:34 AM »
hello I cant get half my roms to show up? most of them work but I am missing whole sections? no its not because i have to many in a folder lol. like I am missing all the games that start with su-st ? thought I might be in the file name but changing it did nothing?  like Ghosts'n Goblins (U).nes works and is visible but Star Trek - 25th Anniversary (U).nes or Super Mario Bros 3 (U) (PRG 1) [a1].nes don't? Also I cant get Nintendo world championships to work it shows up but fails. so I downloaded a new copy off http://www.emuparadise.me/Nintendo_Entertainment_System_ROMs/13 and it wont show up? even tryed switching the name so it matched the one it sees but it just wont show up?

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: rom problems
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 01:02 PM »
The Everdrive will support up to 256 items per folder. If you have more than this they will not appear in the file select list on the drive. Make sure you have less than 256 total items in the rom folder.

A couple of question to help narrow down what could be going on if that's not the case.

First. Where did you buy the Everdrive N8? Was it bought through krikzz or retrogate? Or did you buy elsewhere. It's possible you have a clone everdrive and that could cause issues.

Second. Have you tried using a different SD Card? The Everdrive n8 can be temperamental about certain brands of sd card.

Third. Have you tried loading the ROMs from a different source (i.e. GoodNES or no-intro)? It could be a bad source for the ROMs.

Please take all these things in to account, test, and report back.

Offline amuggle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 09:45 PM »
 I bought it through krikzz. the roms work on an emulator on my pc and I have divided the files by alphabet.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 10:56 PM »
I promise there is a reason for asking all of the questions in my previous post. You did not say whether you have tried using a different sd-card, or if you have tried ROMs from a different original source.

Just because they work on a pc emulator does not mean that they are good copies. There are MANY ROMs that will run on an emulator that will not run on the everdrive.

Offline MP2E

• Famicom Fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:41 PM »
I had to split my S folder of roms into 2 parts because of how many NES roms start with S, otherwise they wouldn't all show up

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2016, 11:51 PM »
I had to split my S folder of roms into 2 parts because of how many NES roms start with S, otherwise they wouldn't all show up

I will second this. That's why the first thing I said was to make sure the number of ROMs is less than 256 per folder.

My "S" titled games are in two folders -- Sa-Sr and Ss-Sz -- on my Everdrive.