Author Topic: MEGA-ED OS v3.00  (Read 12255 times)

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
MEGA-ED OS v3.00
« on: September 26, 2016, 04:39 PM »
MEGA-ED OS update v3.00
1) "run random game" feature
2) Included mega-ed x3/x5 support
3) Hide system dir option (/MEGA)
4) Diagnistics menu

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/mega-everdrive/x3x5x7/OS/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 05:09 PM by KRIKzz »

aloram

Re: MEGA-ED OS v3.00
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Does this work on the v1?

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 09:37 PM »

Offline romhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 02:51 AM »
I got a Mega-ED v2 and It is not booting with OS v3.
Error F5: Fat Error

aloram

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 02:56 AM »
No
Will there be any more updates for the v1? If so, how do we know which updates will work on it?

Thanks.

Offline romhunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 04:38 AM »
Ups. My Sega CD was not connected.  ;D Sorry.

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 09:33 AM »
No
Will there be any more updates for the v1? If so, how do we know which updates will work on it?

Thanks.
I have no plans to make updates for mega-v1

Offline bidou67

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 02:39 PM »
No

Thanks.

Money thrown in the trash with your mega everdrive v1, same problem with all your products , everyone has his opinion and i respect him  , Also please respect my opinions on these products , thank ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 02:55 PM by bidou67 »

Offline KRIKzz

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 03:39 PM »
No

Thanks.

Money thrown in the trash with your mega everdrive v1, same problem with all your products , everyone has his opinion and i respect him  , Also please respect my opinions on these products , thank ;)
Same problem with each products in whole of the world. Nothing is forever

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 04:29 PM »
I should ask Atari 'bout my 2600 paddle guarantee... Mine are a bit worn, and i rely on their customer service.

By the way, do you think Ford still has support for their Ford T ?

Offline Aether Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2016, 06:02 PM »
...Well to be fair the Ford model T and the atari 2600 paddles were both discontinued 89 years and 24 years ago respectively. The Mega Everdrive was discontinued with updates only after a few years on the market. That would be like Nintendo discontinuing the NES in 1989, or The SNES in 1994. So you can see why someone might be a little upset about a product having a short shelf life.

It would not be a bad idea to offer a disclaimer of sorts for people not in the know of how fast this type of technology moves. (Not everyone follows these products like a hawk) Something along the lines of "Please be aware that these products are constantly evolving and may update frequently or not at all etc. etc."

That being said,  the poster of the v1 Mega Everdrive should just sell it to make back some of the money towards a newer Everdrive.

Offline fille1976

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2016, 06:56 PM »
i own a mega everdrive v1,and i dont care if there will be mega everdrive v999,as long as it works and do what it have to do,play games.
if you want more features or newer version,just buy a new 1.
and im happy with v1,it works fine,no trouble with games.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 08:36 PM by fille1976 »

Offline MockyLock

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2016, 08:15 PM »
...Well to be fair the Ford model T and the atari 2600 paddles were both discontinued 89 years and 24 years ago respectively. The Mega Everdrive was discontinued with updates only after a few years on the market. That would be like Nintendo discontinuing the NES in 1989, or The SNES in 1994. So you can see why someone might be a little upset about a product having a short shelf life.

It would not be a bad idea to offer a disclaimer of sorts for people not in the know of how fast this type of technology moves. (Not everyone follows these products like a hawk) Something along the lines of "Please be aware that these products are constantly evolving and may update frequently or not at all etc. etc."

That being said,  the poster of the v1 Mega Everdrive should just sell it to make back some of the money towards a newer Everdrive.

You're right.
So, let's consider this in another way.
When you buy your flashcard, for exemple at kirkzz's store, you have the list of its features, and by reading a bit more in miscellaneous forums, you'll be able to find some compatibility list.
Anyway, at the exact moment when you buy it, you buy its actual features, and you should be aware of the even flaws if they exist. Anything coming after should be considered as bonus.
And if you had to be a bit doubtful 'bout anything of this flashcard, well, don't buy it, wait for the next one.
But you'll soon have the same doubt 'bout that new one, and have to wait for the next...

It has always been this way for all "underground videogame related" stuff, since the first generation copier.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 10:28 PM »
i own a mega everdrive v1,and i dont care if there will be mega everdrive v999,as long as it works and do what it have to do,play games.
if you want more features or newer version,just buy a new 1.
and im happy with v1,it works fine,no trouble with games.

I agree, doesn't it work as intended?

if the MegaED v1 works perfect as is, I don't see a reason to continue to update it.

Just sell it and be done with it if you are not happy with the product.

The way I see it is this is an artisan's product and nobody is forcing you to buy it. I will even add that at the time of the original purchase, you agreed to buy it "as is" with the features that were described on the store front, no more, no less, and whether that works for you is entirely up to you. There is no contractual obligation for Krikkz to continue updating it if he sees no future in it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 10:30 PM by leonquest »
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 10:50 PM »
my mega everdrive v1 is still on the stable OS version before the OS update when lots of games stopped working properly for lots of users.
 i would have to set my megadrive up to check the actual version number but in all honesty the OS version i'm stuck on does everything i need so i'm happy.
 if i remember right when the OS updates starting making some peoples carts go nuts and Krikzz released the v2 version thats around the time Krikzz stated there would be no OS updates for the old v1 model which is fair enough because i gather that there were compatibility issues with the OS when updating both newer and older models so KRikzz focused on updates for newer models only.
 as i say my v1 and the older OS does everything just fine, save states and so on work great so i'm not bothered. i don't think anything major has been fixed or added since the end of support for v1 models.
 fair play Krikzz made sure everything was fine tuned before giving up on V1 updates and any newer features thats been added don't seem must have features exactly. nice but not essential stuff.
 i'm sure if someone discovered something really broken with the old v1 model OS then Krikzz would be kind enough to roll out a fix but it's great as is :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:50 AM by butfluffy »