Author Topic: after using the save state feature for the first time now it wont load roms  (Read 4014 times)

Offline actheace

• View Profile
I received my NES everdrive- N8 this past Wednesday and I got it working. However, today after I used the save state function for the first time now the everdrive won't load any roms at all...it still loads up and shows the directories but when i try to load a rom it just goes to disk error on every rom i try. I think it might be defective.  Is there a way to fix it?

Offline Thomas83Lin

• View Profile
Maybe the sd card, either try a different one or format the one you have and try again. Sound like something got corrupted.

Offline actheace

• View Profile
Yeah I already tried that and no luck :(

Offline Thomas83Lin

• View Profile
what about the N8 self diagnostic test, does it throw any errors.

Offline actheace

• View Profile
what about the N8 self diagnostic test, does it throw any errors.

I ran the N8 self diagnostic test by taking out the sd card and starting it up and then pressing start select a and b all together. it had one error (Spi test... error: 40) which i read is normal when there is no sd card in it. Then i start it up again after that and it loads roms but i used the save state function again and the same thing happens. I have to do the diagnostics test, then when i load it up again it says error resetting defaults and then it loads roms again. When i play kirby's adventure a game that requires saving the same thing happens. Anytime you save it wont load roms on next startup so you then have to take the sd card out, run the diagnostics, put the card back in, then it loads roms again but no save games are retained.

So all in all the save function doesn't work  :(

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Where did you buy the Everdrive from? Where did the ROM's come from? If it's not a clone everdrive, it certainly sounds like an issue with ROMs or the file structure on your SD Card. Download from a different ROM set? Try a different brand/speed SD card? Are you using a full sized SD? Or a Micro-SD through an adapter?

Offline actheace

• View Profile
It's not a file issue... I tried roms from different places and ones friends of mine use and work just fine. I've loaded it with just one rom and also with multiple roms with all the same results... something just happens every time any save function is used. Oh yeah and the everdrive drive was from shop.retrogate.com

Offline Thomas83Lin

• View Profile
well I'm out of ideas, sounds like you may have gotten a bad N8. :-\

Offline Rough_C

• View Profile
I am having the exact same issue as you, I can save state just fine but when I power off the NES and then turn it on again the roms wont load. I don't have a solution but I just wanted to thank you for at least explaining how you did the diagnostic thing to get the roms working again. I was getting ready to shell out for another sd card and I probably would have been right back where I was when I tried to save state.