Author Topic: Can the next OS update force alphabetical order?  (Read 5486 times)

Offline Redifer

• DO! BASEBALL!
    • View Profile
    • Game Sack
Can the next OS update force alphabetical order?
« on: October 03, 2016, 04:15 AM »
Got my Everdrive GBA and love it, but the ROMs and folders all appear in the order when I added them to the SD card. Copying the folder to the desktop and back to the card again solves that issue, but if I add a new ROM I'll have to go to the very last page to find it no matter what unless I copy the entire folder over again. I have to deal with this on the GameBoy Everdrive a lot. I know the GBA is powerful enough to sort alphabetically.

Other than that though I'm lovin' it, especially when used with Swift on the Gamecube to force 240p.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
Re: Can the next OS update force alphabetical order?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:12 AM »
Got my Everdrive GBA and love it, but the ROMs and folders all appear in the order when I added them to the SD card. Copying the folder to the desktop and back to the card again solves that issue, but if I add a new ROM I'll have to go to the very last page to find it no matter what unless I copy the entire folder over again. I have to deal with this on the GameBoy Everdrive a lot. I know the GBA is powerful enough to sort alphabetically.

Other than that though I'm lovin' it, especially when used with Swift on the Gamecube to force 240p.

I did ask a while back

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5639.0

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 12:25 PM »
Only feature missing for an otherwise perfect product!
SD2SNES | EverDrive-GBA X5 | EverDrive-64 v3 | Mega EverDrive X7 | EverDrive-GB X7 | EverDrive N8 NES | Joyzz | PSIO

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 08:42 AM »
Another user recommended a free program a while back called "Fat Sorter".

I tried it out and it works damn near flawlessly to organize your game roms in perfect alphabetical order as far as I can tell.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 09:03 AM »

I tried it out and it works damn near flawlessly to organize your game roms in perfect alphabetical order as far as I can tell.

That's not the point of this thread

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 10:25 AM »

I have had several occasions where I got an error on my SD card after using FAT Sorter.
SD2SNES | EverDrive-GBA X5 | EverDrive-64 v3 | Mega EverDrive X7 | EverDrive-GB X7 | EverDrive N8 NES | Joyzz | PSIO

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 11:25 PM »

Its common practice on forums to offer helpful alternatives.

Especially when we have no idea when, if or ever krikzz will implement such a feature.
krikzz products I own: SD2SNES, Joyzz, Everdrive GB X7, Everdrive GBA X5, Mega Everdrive X7, Everdrive 64 v3, Everdrive N8, Turbo Everdrive v2, Master Everdrive X7.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 12:47 AM »

Especially when we have no idea when, if or ever krikzz will implement such a feature.

As stated that's not what this tread is asking it states as such

"Can the next OS update force alphabetical order?"

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 04:37 AM »

As stated that's not what this tread is asking it states as such

Now you're just being an annoying autist troll.

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 06:01 AM »
Well when people de-rail the thread topic at hand ill correct them

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 06:05 AM »

Except it wasn't a derail.

It was a helpful alternative offered while the person waits for a feature that may or may not ever be implemented.

As explained to you before this is a perfectly acceptable and common thing people do on forums in order to be helpful.

Not something for you to go into autism mode and sperg out over.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26436903

http://www.webmd.com/brain/autism/mental-health-aspergers-syndrome#1

Anyway obsession with specificity is a symptom of autism.

Seek help for your mental illness.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:08 AM by protheanbeacon »

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 06:08 AM »

It was a helpful alternative offered while the person waits for a feature that may or may not ever be implemented.

As explained to you before this is a perfectly acceptable and common thing people do on forums in order to be helpful.

it was de-railed becuse the topic is about

not some pc software

Offline protheanbeacon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 06:46 AM »

it was de-railed becuse the topic is about

not some pc software

Derailing a topic such as this for example would be introducing something wildly not about the subject at hand such as trying to turn this particular topic into a discussion about rap music or who people are planning to vote for in the upcoming election.

THAT is what it means to truly derail a topic.

My post remained ontopic by offering the OP a "bandaid solution" to what he hopes one day krikzz will implement into an automatic feature of an Everdrive product.

However if I were to place myself into aspergers syndrome/autism mode in an even worse manner than you yourself are quite clearly naturally afflicted with I would state that no one not you, not I and not anyone else should of entered and started posting in OP's topic other than the individual who can either make the OP's dreams come true or deny him of the feature that he so craves and that of course would be krikzz.

Your first post to the thread offered nothing in the way of providing the OP a solution either actual or bandaid hence your post was useless spam (if we're being autistic/technical here in the extreme) while I at least offered the OP something that will actually help him until or if ever krikzz provides the feature that he desires hence my post was factually more worthwhile and ontopic than yours which again was simply a veritable +1 for you that did nothing for the OP to solve his dilemma.