Author Topic: Bad SD card or bad (fake?) everdrive N8  (Read 2995 times)

Offline gage1013

• View Profile
Bad SD card or bad (fake?) everdrive N8
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:38 AM »
I bought this secondhand and it will load OSV13 but i can not load a single rom, every rom i try (obtained from an everdrive complete pack) results in a grey screen. I have tried a new SD card, reformatting, defragging, and i still get the exact same results no matter the game.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: Bad SD card or bad (fake?) everdrive N8
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 04:52 AM »
Post a picture/link to a picture of your everdrive board front and back to help determine if it's fake.

Try downloading the roms from a new source, like the smokemonster everdrive pack. These are all thoroughly tested to be working on the everdrive and should help narrow down the issue.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 02:33 AM »
Smokemonster pack is good, but I wouldn't say that all roms in it are working. I had to fix the header on a couple of them (Dragon Warrior III, Holy Diver, and Flintstones Rescue of Dino and Hoppy, for example). The set also includes some non-hacked Vs. roms that don't work normally or only work partially with incorrect colors.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 03:36 AM »
Holy Diver works for me without any edits. I haven't tried the others, can test later tonight. Maybe you have an older version of the pack?

I know the new packs have been going through some major testing revisions, especially FDS games.

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 04:42 AM »
It was a few weeks ago when I downloaded it, but I had to use an extended iNES header and assign a sub mapper to get Holy Diver working. 4.7 is the version I have been using.

Edit: I tried Holy Diver again and it worked the first time I tried it. Either it was updated, or it was because I switched from a Toshiba to a Sandisk SD card.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:19 AM by brianvgplayer »

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 10:51 PM »
I smell a fake cartridge... post pictures of the PCB (front and back)
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL