Author Topic: How to use PALAdin for change region of your game N64??? I have problem,help  (Read 7700 times)

Offline mojo1119

• View Profile
Hi , i try many time to change a PAL nintendo 64 game to an NTSC game, beacause i want French game on my consol but when i try its never work

So i put the PALadin into C:/ look like this

I open , i seen this file data

I add Zelda majoras mask (E)(M4).z64

but when i open progame i seen nothing , now i change extention with tool64 in zelda.v64

Now i open emulator project 64 1.7 and its open rom parfectly

now when i open S-PALadin i seen rom zelda.v64
i i select convert video , i choose NTSC

now i select convert video and now i have this problem how to fix with project 64???

ho i try also with everydrive 64 and i got this
i select zelda.v64 patched

and now loading and ....
a black screen
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:28 AM by mojo1119 »

Offline TeamShake

• View Profile
I had never used that program before,  but thought i would give it a try to check for you.  I got the same error on pj64 when trying to convert both normal versions from the no-intro set.  I did not get and error when I ran it on "Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (Europe) (GameCube Edition)" from the no-intro set, but it had a black screen in pj64 even though the framerate was showing 60.  I did not try to load this up onto the everdrive though.  It may just not work with this game.  I tried it on "In-Fisherman - Bass Hunter 64 (Europe)" and it seemed to work fine.

Offline enteking

• View Profile
As already mentioned, you can try to use the European Gamecube versions of Zelda OOT and MM, offering 60Hz and language selection.

Or you could directly use a proper PAL N64 version.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 12:41 AM by enteking »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Beware that the GC versions of those Zelda games have the endings dummied out. The GC discs plays a movie on the disc instead. The endings are still in the roms though, and you can enable them again by hacking.

Offline jameswilshere

• View Profile
I had never used that program before,  but thought i would give it a try to check for you.  I got the same error on pj64 when trying to convert both normal versions from the no-intro set.  I did not get and error when I ran it on "Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (Europe) (GameCube Edition)" from the no-intro set, but it had a black screen in pj64 even though the framerate was showing 60. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 06:22 PM by goombakid »

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
Couple of things:

-the original PAL releases for Majora's Mask on n64 (v1.0 & v1.1) also need the "Fix country-check" option set or you'll get a "Not for this system" error message trying to load the game.
-Unfortunately, the original PAL releases also do not like running at 60hz since there are several other hard coded values for the 50hz speed (cutscene timings, audio sampling, physics)
-the black screen in Project64 is caused by not updating the rom's CRC value (which will also require changing some settings for the rom in Project64 since it won't be recognized as the same game), you'll also see the "not for this system" error if you changed the PAL rom to NTSC if you didn't check the fix country-check option
-You have a NTSC console and TV right?

Beware that the GC versions of those Zelda games have the endings dummied out. The GC discs plays a movie on the disc instead. The endings are still in the roms though, and you can enable them again by hacking.

This is true, but we have readily available patches for the roms that fix this and many other issues. Legend of Zelda OoT/MQ & MM - Gamecube to N64 patches (with fixes/decensorship) or Ozidual's patches (just for OoT): Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)

For Majora's Mask specifically, the PAL GC rom runs at 60hz already but it needs the header changed (Gamecube ignores the "P" country flag, but the N64 does not and tries to incorrectly run in 50hz mode) and either the language select Gameshark code to play in French OR my MM GC rom patch which has the Language select menu re-enabled (thanks to Ozidual). Both the Gameshark code and rom patch can be found in the linked topic above. PALadin is not needed for the GC roms since they do not have the country check.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2