Author Topic: In-Game Menu option is grayed out - Can't save games - Mega Everdrive X3  (Read 5215 times)

Offline Subhuman

• View Profile
I am using Mega Everdrive X3 and the option for In-Game Menu is grayed out. I am unable to turn it on. Has anyone else experienced this? I am not using any extra peripherals on my system and my os is version 3.02
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 03:56 AM by Subhuman »

Offline Assman

• View Profile
The X3 doesn't support the in-game menu, only the X7 does. You can save games, you just can't use save-states.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
x3 does not support the hooks for the in game menu. It also does not support save states as a result of this. You only are able to save your game like you normally would on the actual cartridges.

To get your save written to memory after you use the normal games save function you have to press reset on the genesis to reload the everdrive menu before turning your system off.

Offline Subhuman

• View Profile
That stats menu that Assman posted is much more informative than the one that is listed on the the x3 product on the krikzz website. If I would have seen the one before I purchased I could have saved myself a ton of time and aggravation. I did not see anywhere on the product description that the in-game menu was not available on the x3. How was I supposed to know that? Did I miss something? The provided information on the krikzz website is very unclear and the x3 has been a massive disappointment for me. I know people are putting a lot of work into this product and I appreciate their effort, but when I as the customer am not presented with the proper information to make an informed purchase it is extremely frustrating.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
If you did any amount of research like you are claiming, you would have seen this chart on the x7 page information. It is the chart, found on krikzz.com, that you see when viewing the x7. Like, literally right there on the page for anyone to see. Do your research and stop whining.

You are a new user, so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but in both posts you have all you have done is whine and complain. Stop being toxic and help yourself out next time by doing the research.

Offline Subhuman

• View Profile
If you did any amount of research like you are claiming, you would have seen this chart on the x7 page information. It is the chart, found on krikzz.com, that you see when viewing the x7. Like, literally right there on the page for anyone to see. Do your research and stop whining.

You are a new user, so I was giving you the benefit of the doubt but in both posts you have all you have done is whine and complain. Stop being toxic and help yourself out next time by doing the research.

The information listed in the chart is significantly more clear than what is listed on the x3 page. I never claimed to have researched the x7 because, from the info listed on the x3, it seemed that it would do everything I needed it to do. I interpreted "Regular game battery back-up saves" to mean that I could save my progress in all games (save states are the the reason I was looking for the in-game menu, just to be clear). It is important for manufacturers to know that not all consumers are highly-knowledgeable "power users". After purchasing this product and finding that it has no user manual whatsoever, it is clear that the product is really best suited for users who are "in the know". Furthermore, you are familiar with my gripe about the Micro SD port. The product clearly states "SD cards up to 32GB". And "SD" does not equal "Micro SD", they are very different formats and I avoid products that use Micro SD at all costs. I get the distinct feeling that you believe I am intentionally trying to be troublesome with this preference, when in fact I am simply particular and the product description is in fact misleading. And I would encourage you to note that I offer no complaints in my original posts, I simply am looking for answers to my questions, which for me are not as easily answered with internet searches as you seem to feel they are.

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Herein lies the issue. You know what the Everdrive is. You are lightyears beyond the average gaming consumer. You also know what save states are. You also could see that save states were not explicitly listed on the supporting page for the x3. It's not Krikzz's fault that you incorrectly assumed something that wasn't explicitly listed and then didn't do any further research.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
I agree with the cavalry, it's not Kikzz's fault that you didn't do your research properly. I have the x3, just got it today, and I love it, it does everything it advertised.

I also researched all I could about the x3 when it was announced, and I asked all the questions that I could on these forums as I did not understand a lot of things on the comparison table, like the hardware "mega-key" or the shared rom memory. Once I had all my questions answered, I bought it on day one.

My suggestion is that you sell yours on the appropriate section of these forums, or on ebay. It should be an easy sell on ebay if you advertise and demonstrate that it is an original Krikzz product.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer