Author Topic: SEGA SATURN WITH ACTION REPLAY CARTRIDGE.....???  (Read 3115 times)

Offline TonyN

• View Profile
SEGA SATURN WITH ACTION REPLAY CARTRIDGE.....???
« on: October 31, 2016, 07:13 PM »
Hi, I have a Japanese SEGA Saturn with an Action replay cart which has been flashed with Pseudo.
For weeks it have been GREAT but I turned it on today and the Grey SEGA Saturn splash screen comes up and then instead of starting the game (backup or original Japanese) or going to the graphic multi choice screen it goes into the bios Memory Manager screen!? 

Any ideas please, the situation is the same with or without the AR/Pseudo cart in the machine.

Offline Assman

• View Profile
Re: SEGA SATURN WITH ACTION REPLAY CARTRIDGE.....???
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2016, 03:04 AM »
The cart slot of the Saturn is notoriously finicky. In all likelihood, the cart just isn't making proper contact anymore, so try re-seating it. What I've seen recommended before, which has also worked for me, is pushing the cart in all the way, then lifting it out very slightly (a matter of a mere millimeter or two). You're also best off leaving the cart untouched once everything is functioning properly.

Before trying that, though, you may want to make sure you're not holding down any buttons on the controller (or that any are stuck) while turning on the console. Depending on which buttons you hold (I can't recall specifically), you could end up going straight to the menu or the CD dashboard.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2016, 01:32 PM »
could mean memory is full? or bios battery is dead?
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

aloram

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2016, 03:46 PM »
I don't know the specific cause of your problem, but I bought a Saturn from an awesome Amazon seller earlier this year, and I had problems with the cartridge slot. He gave me the following advice, which worked perfectly:

"The cartridge slot on the Saturn is something else. It is not so much the contacts on the cartridge, it is the slot itself. They are all like that because of age. What you need to do is take any cartridge and put it in and out as fast as you can at least 20 to 30 times. If needed after you do so, clean the contacts in the cartridge used. Built up residue or corrosion causes this. Every Saturn I ever owned and sold I had to do this to. The controller ports are notorious for the same problem. Doing it once does not solve the problem. Every now and then, do the trick I told you. if you pull the cartridge out, you might need to repeat the trick. I use X-Men vs Street Fighter to test all my systems with the 4 MB RAM cartridge because I need to test the cartridge slot as well. The game will not run without the cartridge because it needs the extra RAM. It ran great after I had to do the trick with the cartridge. That is just the nature of the system. No matter who you buy a Saturn from, You will encounter this. Even ones that people sell as "new". I picked up a new one a few years back for a customer and he ran into the same problem you did."

Offline TonyN

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:32 PM »
SOLVED!!   It was the battery, I tested it and it should be 3v but only had 1v - thanks again for taking the trouble to advice me.  Appreciated.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 06:04 AM »
Did it show the language setting upon powering up the console?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL