Author Topic: garbled graphics  (Read 3899 times)

Offline chukione

• View Profile
garbled graphics
« on: November 02, 2016, 04:38 AM »
hi.
my n8 was in storage for about one year, now it show garbled graphics, im 100% shure its not dirt contacts nor 72pin connector issue. ┬┐some idea?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 04:43 AM by chukione »

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: garbled graphics
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 06:18 AM »
Scrub the all pins with isopropyl and a q tip if you haven't, even if you think it looks clean. The adapter, too.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 06:55 AM »
Dou you have a Famicom or NES?
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline chukione

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 03:46 AM »
i already clean the contacts with isoprophyl and a pencil eraser before the photo.

i test on a toaster with a adapter, on a discrete famiclone, and on a NOAC famiclone. on all i get the same pattern. 

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 07:01 AM »
i already clean the contacts with isoprophyl and a pencil eraser before the photo.

i test on a toaster with a adapter, on a discrete famiclone, and on a NOAC famiclone. on all i get the same pattern.

It really looks like the graphic glitches you get with dirty contacts. From the picture posted the contacts look really dirty, still. There is almost no shine on them. You may need to use something a little stronger to remove the corrosion from the pins like Brasso.

Offline Johnny23b

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 04:08 PM »
My Everdrives never get this dirty, how is it possible to get the contacts dirty anyways, if you take it out a lot or does it come from the air?

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2016, 09:57 PM »
My Everdrives never get this dirty, how is it possible to get the contacts dirty anyways, if you take it out a lot or does it come from the air?

He said it was in storage for a while. I'm guessing it was a very humid environment and the pins got all jacked from oxidation. They look terrible in the picture.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2016, 10:18 PM »

Then it looks like a hardware failure, please DON'T use sandpaper to clean the contacts.
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL