Author Topic: Everdrive GBA X5 Save Problem  (Read 10019 times)

Offline FunkyArt

• View Profile
Everdrive GBA X5 Save Problem
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:41 PM »
Hey everyone ! ^^
I'm here to ask you help !
I've played many gameboy advance games using My Boy emulator on Android, and now that i have an Everdrive GBA X5, i wanted to continu my games on it! I've tried everything, putting the save files in the good directory, converting SAV file with SRM, but nothing works, my roms are still loading like as they were never saved... I don't want to reset my Golden Sun just for this problem, so i'm asking to you...
IS there a way to transfer save fil in SAV to SRM that can be loaded by the Everdrive ?
Thank you very much ! :D

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive GBA X5 Save Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:55 PM »
I've had success with The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap by renaming the extension from .SAV to .EEP and visa versa.

Also, when loading your savegame from the emulator onto the Everdrive, be sure that you have another game loaded on the "internal memory" of the Everdrive. Otherwise your copied savegame will get overwritten. In other words, make sure that the last rom you've played on the Everdrive is something else then Golden Sun.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:56 PM by nihlathak »
SD2SNES | EverDrive-GBA X5 Mini | EverDrive-64 v3 | Mega EverDrive X7 | EverDrive-GB X7 | EverDrive N8 NES | Joyzz | PSIO | GDEmu

Offline infinest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 10:13 PM »
The way I did it:
First of all do what nihlathak told you to and change the filetype to the fitting one for the everdrive depending on which savetype it uses ( easiest way to check is to just look at what type the everdrive itself generated for the game to begin with )
Then load the game into ram but don't start.
Then navigate to your savefile and select it. Then select load file into sram ( it always says sram even for other savetypes but i guess that's just an error ) then start the game via the start button and the save should be there. Go ingame and save once and then everything should work from there.

Offline FunkyArt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 12:34 AM »
THank you both of you, thanks to you i've managed to restore all my saves ! Thank you so much !! :D

Offline nihlathak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 12:36 PM »
THank you both of you, thanks to you i've managed to restore all my saves ! Thank you so much !! :D
Glad to hear you've managed to restore your saves. You should mention what you did to get them working if anyone else ever has the same question.
SD2SNES | EverDrive-GBA X5 Mini | EverDrive-64 v3 | Mega EverDrive X7 | EverDrive-GB X7 | EverDrive N8 NES | Joyzz | PSIO | GDEmu

Offline FunkyArt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2016, 01:48 PM »
To be sure of the save format for everygame, i've loaded them and save the fastest i can, so usually in the first save point, for Metroid or Castlevania for example ! With this, i juste changed the format and the name from my old saves, to adjust them perfectly to the save from the SAVE folder of the Everdrive ! Then i just copy and replace the Everdrive save with the Emulator save ( that were renamed to match the Evedrive saves ), and then, i load but not start the game i want to change the save ( Castlevania Harmony of Dissonnance for example ). I go the GBASYS folder, SAVE folder, and i select the save from the game, and Copy File to SRAM, then Start to see if it worked ! :D

Offline Alnt88

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 04:10 AM »
Have you guys tried this method with Pokemon Gold Version? I can't get it to work for some reason. I have the .sav file from another emulator and I copied it to the Everdrive with the correct name and .srm extension. I tried loading the save as described and nothing. It just acts like a new game.

Offline FeverDrive

• Blast Processing advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2016, 11:16 PM »
Have you guys tried this method with Pokemon Gold Version? I can't get it to work for some reason. I have the .sav file from another emulator and I copied it to the Everdrive with the correct name and .srm extension. I tried loading the save as described and nothing. It just acts like a new game.
Try changing the savetype in the rom selection menu that appears when you select the Pokemon Gold Rom
WELCO
METOT
HENEX
TLEVEL

Offline Bagelpenguin64

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2019, 05:29 AM »
what exactly do you mean by "load but not start"? I'm having a similar issue

Offline James Cree

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2019, 05:53 PM »
what exactly do you mean by "load but not start"? I'm having a similar issue

Select the game and choose "Select Only" instead of "Select And Start".
This will load the game into RAM but not actually start it.