Author Topic: Some advices needed (Everdrive 64 V3)  (Read 13668 times)

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: Some advices needed (Everdrive 64 V3)
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 07:09 AM »
Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm having some serious problems with it. I downloaded 7Zip and it does not work, so I tried 8 Zip Lite and WinRar, still nothing. I thought the problem was me, so I called a friend of mine which is a programmer and he didn't manage to fix it.

So I thought that probably the problem was in the files and I decided to use this goodset http://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?101715-MULTI-ROM-SET-EverDrive-Packs-Release-Thread

But there is nothing that I can click in order to download something. It told me to register in order to do it, now I'm logged and I can't click nothing, I just see the name of folders and everything but not link or downloads.

I feel very dumb because everyone say that use ED is very easy. I wasted 3 hours today, I miss my cartridges plug and play :-P
Hope to fix this.

Thanks for the help guys

Once you sign in, the link to the mega directory is visible above the individual images for the different packs (near the picture of Sonic). It is a single link that takes you to a directory where you can download the packs for every console.

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2016, 04:19 PM »
Thanks for all the help guys.
Now I'm in a travel trip, I'll back in my city Sunday night and I will try to do it.
If I'll still have problems I'm going to pay someone of you to send me the whole files unzipped by Dropbox. Because I really can't wait to use it :-P

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Hi guys.

I managed to download some files from EP forum links, but the download is extremely slow and there are so many files which doesn't have a description of what they contain:

1 EverDrive 64 Game Series Collections Add-On Pack v5.4.7z.001   1.95 GB   1 day, 18 hours ago
   1 EverDrive 64 Game Series Collections Add-On Pack v5.4.7z.002   1.95 GB   3 days, 21 hours ago
   1 EverDrive 64 Game Series Collections Add-On Pack v5.4.7z.003   894.21 MB   3 days, 22 hours ago
   EverDrive 64 Pack v5.3.7z.001   1.95 GB   3 days, 20 hours ago
   EverDrive 64 Pack v5.3.7z.002   1.95 GB   3 days, 6 hours ago
   EverDrive 64 Pack v5.3.7z.003   1.95 GB   3 days, 5 hours ago
   EverDrive 64 Pack v5.3.7z.004   1.71 GB   2 days, 17 hours ago
   EverDrive 64 PAL Add-On.7z.001   1.95 GB   2 days, 7 hours ago
   EverDrive 64 PAL Add-On.7z.002   810.38 MB   2 days, 6 hours ago

I don't want to waste 30 hours of downloading and maybe after still have problems in extraction/joint of files.
So please, if someone manage to send me with Dropbox (or better options) a folder to drop in my SD card I'm going to send him 20€.

The file must be ready to play, I just want to select it, drop it in the SD card, put the SD in the cartridge, put the cartridge in and see all the roms ready to play in my N64.
I want all the PAL and NTSC games, unreleased games, 64DD games, Aleck64 games, etc.

I really hope that someone will help me, thank you in advance.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 04:51 PM »
Or you could ask the person who posted the link for these files (wherever you got them), since it's obviously not here.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2016, 09:07 PM »
Ok guys, only one thing is missing. I have all the roms jointed and unzipped. Now only the OS is missing.

Why in the Krikzz site there are so many files and every file without a description? I just want a file with the description "this is the newest OS, download this".
Which of these files I have to download? And what the other files are?

http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-64/

After this, everything should be fine. Thanks for all the support and patience.

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Download http://krikzz.com/pub/support/everdrive-64/os-bin/OS-V2.12.zip

Extract the contents, and copy to the root of your SD card.

If done correctly you should have a file named "OS64.v64" in this folder (assuming X:\ is your SD card):

X:\ED64\OS64.v64 (there will be other files like "emu.nes" and "save_db.txt" here too)
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2016, 10:26 PM »
Thanks Aroenai!
You're very kind.
Friday the Everdrive should arrive, in the worst of cases Monday, thanks to you my SD will be ready.

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2016, 09:49 AM »
My SD card is ready, I really hope that the ED64 arrive today, if not I have to wait untill Monday or Tuesday. This waiting remembers me Homer Simpson waiting for the pistol.

Unfortunately the SD that was advised to me in this thread is not big enough to fit in everything I asked. I have to buy another SD Card, a 32GB one. In fact the 16GB is almost full and I managed to fit in everything but the Japanese ROMs.

Here's how my SD card is settled now. I hope it's all ok and I wonder if there is a number limit of files like in the old ED64. Now I have 65 folders and about 1300 files.

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 10:44 AM »
My SD card is ready, I really hope that the ED64 arrive today, if not I have to wait untill Monday or Tuesday. This waiting remembers me Homer Simpson waiting for the pistol.

Unfortunately the SD that was advised to me in this thread is not big enough to fit in everything I asked. I have to buy another SD Card, a 32GB one. In fact the 16GB is almost full and I managed to fit in everything but the Japanese ROMs.

Here's how my SD card is settled now. I hope it's all ok and I wonder if there is a number limit of files like in the old ED64. Now I have 65 folders and about 1300 files.

Looking good my man, in fact, I think I'll steal your file structure for my card. ; )

I also just ordered mine during the Black Friday sale so you and I are in the same boat, haha. I am a little worried though as the last status update said that my payment was accepted however nothing was said about the actual shipping progress and now that I see this "Warning: Last items in stock!" so I'm hoping my ED isn't delayed. Has this happened before when Krikzz had to make more due to sales or is this the first time something like that has popped up?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 10:46 AM by The Renegadist »

Offline King.Pharaoh

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2016, 08:10 AM »
I also just ordered mine during the Black Friday sale so you and I are in the same boat, haha. I am a little worried though as the last status update said that my payment was accepted however nothing was said about the actual shipping progress and now that I see this "Warning: Last items in stock!" so I'm hoping my ED isn't delayed. Has this happened before when Krikzz had to make more due to sales or is this the first time something like that has popped up?

it happens often because Krikzz makes the carts himself, as he doesn't mass produce the carts before orders come in.  He might only have just a few at all times.  This way he won't have hundreds of them collecting dust/aging waiting for a buyer.  They are made to order.  Or made right before the order. 

KP

Offline The Renegadist

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 10:01 AM »

it happens often because Krikzz makes the carts himself, as he doesn't mass produce the carts before orders come in.  He might only have just a few at all times.  This way he won't have hundreds of them collecting dust/aging waiting for a buyer.  They are made to order.  Or made right before the order. 

KP
Thanks for the good word, hope it arrives soon.

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2016, 01:43 AM »
My Everdrive is arrived and it works perfectly. It's fantastic to play all the N64 games even with my collection in another country. Thanks to Krikzz and thanks to all the guys who uploaded the ROMs.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2016, 04:22 PM »
Don't forget the hacked and rare download thread:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5289.0

or you can download them all in one file:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5941.0

Offline Italia64

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2016, 02:07 PM »
Thanks Kerr Avon. I also want to share my ghosts saved in World Driver Championship, and maybe othe saves. It's fantastic that ED64 allows to share the ghosts with other N64 lovers.

I saved all my Controller Paks, I wonder if is it possible to rename them by the ED64 instead of do it from the PC.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2016, 04:59 PM »
Thanks Kerr Avon. I also want to share my ghosts saved in World Driver Championship, and maybe othe saves. It's fantastic that ED64 allows to share the ghosts with other N64 lovers.

I saved all my Controller Paks, I wonder if is it possible to rename them by the ED64 instead of do it from the PC.

No. Maybe a later software update by Krikzz will add this ability, but at the moment the Everdrive 64 can't rename files.