Author Topic: The Yoshi Garden - A new Super Mario 64 mod has been released!  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
A rather unusual mod for Super Mario 64 has been released.

Grow, Care for and play with your Yoshis! Breed your favourite Yoshi color and plot your Yoshis against each other in competitions!

The video and patch download are at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKeoVO5jNxE

Can anyone confirm that it works with an Everdrive 64, please?

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
Re: The Yoshi Garden - A new Super Mario 64 mod has been released!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 03:14 AM »
Can anyone confirm that it works with an Everdrive 64, please?

Sorry to say the patch doesn't work well on my v2.5—at least in its current version. I patched it onto a clean no intro SM64 rom. The game boots but freezes when you enter the warp pipe to get to the Yoshis. I tried this several times but the freeze is so bad that you can't even hit reset to return to the ED main menu. Hopefully Kaze will release an update that addresses this issue!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 04:43 PM by rlstine »

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 01:26 AM »
Damn! If I find a link to a real hardware version, then I'll post it here.

How about the intriguing looking On a Boat 64? And why do the most promising mods always come out when I'm away from home without my N64?*

Video and patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkh8wL-DXA

* And why is it 2020 now, and we *still* don't have a 100% accurate N64 emulator, to test games on?

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 05:32 PM »
Looks awesome, but unfortunately doesn't seem to work on N64 hardware. Managed to patch it to the rom nicely, but when I try to boot on the ED64 I get a flickering screen and garbled sound. It's a pretty massive file (~68mb), and the creator said they used a lot of programs meant for Project 64 so it's probably too much for actual N64 hardware.

Let me know if there are any others you haven't had a chance to test! I'm new to this and haven't heard of most of these hacks.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:51 PM by rlstine »

Offline JustDariaGaming

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Theyd prob used A lotsa ASM wich isnt compatible with real N64 hardwrae or B it was made with sm64 editor wich would explain the garbeld mess if u want i can take a look at on a boat 64 and for The Yoshi Garden it sounds Strange tbh since Kaze told me id work on N64 only thing would be the lag caused by the Yoshis bc theyre too many Polygons if i have eoungh time hopefully next week i can take a look and fix them or atleast look whats wrong with these

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 09:52 PM »
That would be great, Daria! I would love to play Yoshi's Garden if there's a way it can run on hardware. Thanks for looking into it.

Offline JustDariaGaming

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2020, 06:50 PM »
Okay so i looked into Yoshis Garden 64 and the thing is i could fix the hack tho im not a Blender or Model Replacing Expert in the Mario 64 Scene so sadly even tho i could do it its outside of my possible skill :( For the On A Boat 64 Hack i sadly couldnt find a way to get it to work im Sorry