Author Topic: Does the Everdive GBA not allow GBA to GBA connectivity?  (Read 6216 times)

Offline Estil

• View Profile
Does the Everdive GBA not allow GBA to GBA connectivity?
« on: November 20, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Here is what I mean, I was trying to have Metroid Zero Mission from the Everdrive (on my Game Boy Player) connected to Metroid Fusion (real cartridge, on GBA SP) but whenever I do the connectivity (to unlock the Fusion gallery in Zero Mission) I keep getting a connection error.  Does the Everdrive not allow this yet or do I need a new cable?

Offline Localhorst86

• View Profile
Re: Does the Everdive GBA not allow GBA to GBA connectivity?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 07:54 PM »
it should work, make sure you are using a proper gba link cable. GBC/Pocket cables only work for GB games.

Offline Estil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 08:39 PM »
It's a real cable (first party, for GBA's)...I sure hope I don't need a replacement... :-\

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 10:57 PM »
Did you hold start and select on the GBA with Fusion before turning it on?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:59 PM by brianvgplayer »

Offline Estil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:38 PM »
Why would that matter?

Offline Shadow666

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 05:16 AM »
Did you hold start and select on the GBA with Fusion before turning it on?

Offline brianvgplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 07:22 PM »
Why would that matter?

Just try it. Some games need to be boot up in this mode in order to link (it's also needed for download link). That's how I got the Zero Misssion and Fusion link up to work.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 07:24 PM by brianvgplayer »

Offline bigz77

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2016, 05:36 AM »
I am also having trouble connecting my GBA to my GBA SP to trade pokemon and connect. I have tried 2 different GBA link cables and can't get them to connect. I have tried trading pokemon between firered (on everdrive) and leafgreen (actual cart) and they won't connect. I have also tried getting them to connect with yu-gi-oh games with no success. However when I use the same GBAs to try and trade between GBC everdrive and GBC pokemon game using a GBC link cable I can trade just fine. So I either have 2 bad GBA advance cables (unlikely, the 2nd one is brand new because I thought the cable was the problem) or it is the GBA everdrive. Has anyone succesfully used the link cable to connect 2 GBA with the GBA everdrive?

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 07:00 PM »
I am also having trouble connecting my GBA to my GBA SP to trade pokemon and connect. I have tried 2 different GBA link cables and can't get them to connect. I have tried trading pokemon between firered (on everdrive) and leafgreen (actual cart) and they won't connect. I have also tried getting them to connect with yu-gi-oh games with no success. However when I use the same GBAs to try and trade between GBC everdrive and GBC pokemon game using a GBC link cable I can trade just fine. So I either have 2 bad GBA advance cables (unlikely, the 2nd one is brand new because I thought the cable was the problem) or it is the GBA everdrive. Has anyone succesfully used the link cable to connect 2 GBA with the GBA everdrive?

i have traded pokemon between an everdrive gba and a pokemon leafgreen cart, it worked fine
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline bigz77

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 09:33 PM »
Ok thank you for confirming it has/can be done. I guess I probably just have 2 broken cables. Buying a new cable.

Offline bigz77

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2016, 09:40 PM »
Ok thank you for confirming it has/can be done. I guess I probably just have 2 broken cables. Buying a new cable.

I would just like to update that it was indeed my cable. It turns out my first cable was fine but there is a switch on it to switch it from GBC and GBA (I didn;t realize this, facepalm) and my second cable is broken. So the everdrive GBA game link does work just fine.

Thanks again for the quick response to let me know it was my cable.

PS thanks krikzz for the everdrive GBA, I have been loving it the second I started using it.