Author Topic: krikzz can you remove the smite button please  (Read 16494 times)

Offline nuu

• View Profile
Re: krikzz can you remove the smite button please
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2013, 02:44 AM »
Even if it's funny some jokes crosses the line. Laughing at someone's nation is one of those and isn't harmless at all. If you have ever experienced someone badmouthing your nation even as a joke you'll understand.

Offline Chilly Willy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 01:20 AM »
I used to love The Bigot Family on the Bizarre TV series. I don't see a problem with racial jokes as long as you don't believe them AND aren't using them to attack a person or group. If you're telling them just to be hurtful, I draw the line there.

Offline JimmyMz

• I am a Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2013, 07:07 PM »
What is the logic behind removing the "smite" option, but keeping a negative karma count krikzz?
I don't personally care if smiting is removed, but does it not make more sense to remove the fact that it ever existed? Maybe my thinking is flawed, but I could strongly debate my point. I have smited and have been smited, but I smited posts that screamed "I'm an idiot" or "I'm ignorant" or my favorite "I'm an expert and know everything, but I have very little knowledge to back up my strong statements....and Mommy didn't hold me enough as a child." There is definitely a place in this world for the almighty smite button. I'm going to make one and put it next to my computer (like in the Staples commercials, if you live in the US, you know what I mean) so as to help with the inevitable withdrawals I'm sure to suffer when someone's post fits the criteria mentioned above.  :)
Nothing for sale right now, but more stuff coming soon. Message me on this forum by clicking the envelope icon under my name.

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2013, 07:15 PM »
i have never felt the urge to smite someone on a forum thus the reason i never noticed it before this thread. if someone posts something annoying i'm like what the hell and think nothing more of it. i agree though that keeping the applaud/smite count and removing the buttons is a little pointless. i guess krikzz wernt taking it that seriously and removed the option due to the possibility of it getting a little out of hand lol.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2013, 07:35 PM »
a little out of hand? see my smites lol i didnt deserve that many  ???
ED64 v2.5 - MEGAED X7 - TED v2.4 - SD2SNES rev F - EDN8 fami - EDGB X7 rev B

Offline Troyus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2013, 09:34 PM »
Dont growl at the guy too much. He by NO means needs to keep this forum open at all. We are very lucky he does and responds to us.
Dont abuse the priveledge!
Flash carts: game gear ED, megadrive ED, SNES ED, nintendo64 ED, N8 ED, GB ED, GBA ED, PSIO

Offline butfluffy

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2013, 10:39 PM »
i don't think anyone is growling at him in the least. for the most part krikzz gets utmost respect from members here from what i read anyway. also it's appreciated that he took the time to pay attention to the fact a user was being singled out on this forum and the smite button was certainly being abused. to my knowledge dvd2vcd's only crime here has been showing enthusiasm towards a possible future jaguar everdrive project, ok i guess it may have pissed a few users off but the smite button was in overdrive imo .
from my experience here dvd2vcd seems like a good guy and he seems to be a keen everdrive enthusiast. hopefully krikzz read his request to remove the smite button due to the overkill abuse and decided to remove the function in the interest of fairness not because anyone here is on his back and demanding anything.
 i think what we were saying earlier is just that maybe it's better to wipe the slate clean with previous applaud/smites which are still on view and dvd2vcd has -116 i believe, which is silly.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2013, 11:23 PM »
i hold my hands up for hoping for a jagED its pretty obvious lol in a nut shell i love all everdrive products, its consistant updates is awesome, after market help is quality from krikzz and all you guys.

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2013, 12:29 AM »
Yeah Drakon you should apologise to the people of Pakistan!

Anyway back to topic, if bad rep really bothers you, you should just try to not stick out too much. I got mine when I stated my opinion once.

Okay that was rude and I apologize, I've met nice pakistani people.  Anyway don't let it bother you, if you do they're just going to do it more.  I was kinda hoping my comment would get me lots of juicy smites.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 12:32 AM by Drakon »

Offline nuu

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2013, 05:08 PM »
Heh, I think you really are a good guy.

Offline reprep

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2013, 05:11 PM »
yup, i too think drakon is a good guy. he always informed me about mods, hacks etc. when i PMed him.
PM me if you want to sell your Everdrive MD.

Offline dvd2vcd

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2013, 05:47 PM »
yh same here i like drakon i like lookin at his mods n hacks  ;D they r cool

Offline Drakon

• View Profile
    • 16 Bit Gamer
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 06:02 AM »
Heh, I think you really are a good guy.

yup, i too think drakon is a good guy. he always informed me about mods, hacks etc. when i PMed him.

yh same here i like drakon i like lookin at his mods n hacks  ;D they r cool

*insert blushing smiley that doesn't exist*