Author Topic: SD2SNES not working  (Read 3371 times)

Offline britain4

• View Profile
SD2SNES not working
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:16 PM »
Hi all

Just recieved an SD2SNES and I am having some trouble getting it working. No matter what I do all I get is a black screen. I tried without an SD card and get either garbage (random blocks and 0s) sometimes, or most of the time its just a blank screen. Either the same garbage for a second then blank screen with the SD card inserted with the latest firmware on it or just a blank screen. LEDs all behave properly (green and yellow on and blinking red with no SD inserted, green on and a flicker from the other two with the SD card in).

I ran the diagnostic firmware on it and all tests passed OK, no errors with the SD2SNES or the console itself. Screen went orange and green etc when it was supposed to. SNES boots retail games just fine.

I am leaning towards a faulty SD2SNES here but wondered if anyone had any suggestions before I contact the seller to send it back.

I tried it again just now and all 3 LEDS were blinkng for the region so I pressed reset, got the same garbage for a second then black again. It seems a bit random.

I have tried cleaning the cart slot etc but one thing I have not tried is pulling the cartridge connector off and cleaning underneath it, it passed the diagnostics though so shouldn't be that? Also using an official Nintendo PSU

Cheers
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:29 PM by britain4 »

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
Re: SD2SNES not working
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:56 PM »
Hi, can you go back to v0.1.7b and see if that helps? Also can you post the test_log.txt just in case? :)

Offline britain4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 01:13 PM »
Hi, can you go back to v0.1.7b and see if that helps? Also can you post the test_log.txt just in case? :)

0.1.7b hasn't made a difference I'm afraid :(

Here's the test log

Offline britain4

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:14 PM »
It won't let me post the whole thing or put it as an attachment, do you need the rest?

TEST SUMMARY
============

flash check: 1111-33b04504-37f7a8bb-00-0
Test      Result
----------------
SD        Passed
USB       not implemented
RTC       Passed
CIC       Passed
FPGA      Passed
RAM       Passed
SD DMA    Passed
CLK       Passed
DAC       not implemented
SNES IRQ  Passed
SNES RAM  Passed
SNES PA   Passed
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 01:17 PM by britain4 »

Offline ikari_01

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 10:37 AM »
There's a part where it lists different clocks. It begins with "sysclk test" and ends with "ROMSELCLK: <some number>". Could you post that?