Author Topic: metroid rogue dawn hack  (Read 3524 times)

Offline silversurfer

• View Profile
metroid rogue dawn hack
« on: January 15, 2017, 03:47 AM »
The nes metroid hack "rogue dawn" just released today. I patched the ips file to the rom and transfered it over to my n8  and for some reason it doesn't even register on my avs. It's definitely on my SD card but it doesn't show up on my listing when I turn on my avs. Does anybody know anything about this? Thanks

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: metroid rogue dawn hack
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:59 PM »
Tested from both my Famicom and NES Everdrive N8s. The hack plays just fine on both of my original hardware and AVS.

Test the patched rom on an emulator to make sure it plays. It's possible you did not use the correct metroid rom to patch with or something went wrong while patching. I recommend using Lunar IPS to patch the rom.

Rename your EDFC folder to something like old-edfc and then load a 20-30mb file on to your sd card. With the file still on the card, load a fresh copy of the EDFC folder to your sd card to replace the old one and then delete the old-edfc and 20-30mb file. Then reload the hack on your hardware. You could have corruption in your mappers causing issues.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 08:01 PM by thecavalry »

Offline silversurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 12:41 AM »
Thanks for your reply. I always use Lunar IPS. I've played hacked roms on my n8 using the AVS many times without any trouble. I've tested the rom on a emulator and it plays just fine. It's weird because the rom is definitely on my SD card but the AVS will not show it on the listing as if it's not there at all. I also changed my EDFC file also and still get the same result. I just don't understand why it won't show up in the listings :(

Offline RickyKustafason

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 04:41 AM »
Plays fine on my everdrive.  Nice hack also.

Offline silversurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 03:36 PM »
I finally got it working. For some reason the rom would not show up in the file that I was placing my hacks in. I placed the rom in a separate file and it shows up and plays just fine. It's weird because my hacks file is not overcrowded as I have way bigger files. Anyway, problem solved