Author Topic: Yoshi's story with the D-pad?  (Read 18602 times)

Offline G-Rabbit

• View Profile
Re: Yoshi's story with the D-pad?
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2017, 02:23 AM »
Thanks for that, now if there are any save troubles, we can just point people to both pages (and you can add new ROMs as we find them, to your master list, which helps too).

OK, now to look at the other games mentioned and try to do analog control mods...

You're my hero!

SubDrag

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2017, 03:24 AM »
I added Mischief Makers to copy Analog inputs to D-Pad (so you can use either D-Pad or Analog).  I didn't get to try on console, but I believe it will work.
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=312

For Bangai-O, what specifically are you trying to accomplish.  Flipping D-Pad and Analog inputs?
It says there is a second control scheme to moving using Analog stick, and shoot with C-buttons.  That's probably what you wanted?  It seemed to work fine when I tested it.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/196684-bakuretsu-muteki-bangai-o/faqs/3682
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 03:30 AM by SubDrag »

Offline G-Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2017, 06:39 AM »
I added Mischief Makers to copy Analog inputs to D-Pad (so you can use either D-Pad or Analog).  I didn't get to try on console, but I believe it will work.

For Bangai-O, what specifically are you trying to accomplish.  Flipping D-Pad and Analog inputs?
It says there is a second control scheme to moving using Analog stick, and shoot with C-buttons.  That's probably what you wanted?  It seemed to work fine when I tested it.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/196684-bakuretsu-muteki-bangai-o/faqs/3682

I didn't know that about Bangai-O. It's hard to know what settings I'm changing when everything is in Japanese. Thank you for Mischief Makers! I'll test it out soon. Do you happen to know it's save code in case I have to do the same thing in the save_db file that we did for Kirby?

Offline G-Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2017, 06:57 AM »
The Mischief Makers mod works. I have not tested save compatibility yet, but thank you nonetheless. Additionally, I was able to find my desired settings in Bangai-O. One of the translating teams in this forum might be working on a translation in the near future. That would make it easier for everyone to know about the settings.

EDIT: Mischief Makers saves!!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:06 AM by G-Rabbit »

Offline G-Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 02:53 AM »

Any chance you can add an analog support patch for Bomberman Arcade Edition that will work while doubling over the English Translation patch?

SubDrag

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 07:43 PM »
I added Bomberman 64 Arcade (J) and translated (apply the right patch, one to original, other to already prepatched translated one).  I do think this game is better with D-Pad though, but patch is in zip now.

Offline G-Rabbit

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 07:48 PM »
I added Bomberman 64 Arcade (J) and translated (apply the right patch, one to original, other to already prepatched translated one).  I do think this game is better with D-Pad though, but patch is in zip now.

You are making my Everdrive experience a million times better. I cannot thank you enough. And I agree that it feels better on d-pad for a standard 64 controller. But with this patch, I can also play the game on my Hori.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2017, 10:55 PM »
Subdrag, would it be possible to make Jet Force Gemini use the C-buttons to move, and the Left Shoulder Button to jump, please?

So that C-Up moved forwards, C-left strafes left, C-Right strafes right, and C-down moves backwards, and the analogue stick is used for turning. The Left Should Button could be used for jump, and the Right Shoulder Button, when held down, would still be used for aim mode. When the analogue stick is moved *all* of the way down, this could be used for duck/crawl.

I'm not sure how well this would work at all times in-game, since you could only ever run and not walk (since the C buttons are digital and not analogue), but it would be very interesting to try it, if JFG could be modded to have these controls.

SubDrag

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2017, 12:02 AM »
I'll try when I get some time, but that one is quite a bit tougher than the other mods I made here, and I'm not sure if even will work.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2017, 02:57 PM »
I'll try when I get some time, but that one is quite a bit tougher than the other mods I made here, and I'm not sure if even will work.

OK, mate, thanks.

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Today at 12:54 AM »
Hi everyone! Anybody know where I could find the patch for using the d-pad in Yoshi's Story? The site that previously hosted it seems to be down.

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Today at 12:59 AM »
Hi everyone! Anybody know where I could find the patch for using the d-pad in Yoshi's Story? The site that previously hosted it seems to be down.
I gotchu
« Last Edit: Today at 01:08 AM by supersign »
My backup of Saturnus' ED64 tools for v2 & v3 ED's

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Today at 01:04 AM »
Thanks so much! To apply an .xdelta file, is it the same as .bps? I've been using this patcher (https://www.marcrobledo.com/RomPatcher.js/), but I notice it doesn't display a green checkmark when I add both the YS rom and the .xdelta mod file.

Offline supersign

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:11 AM »
Yep, it supports it. It goes under 'VCDiff' (.xdelta) according to their github.
My backup of Saturnus' ED64 tools for v2 & v3 ED's

Offline rlstine

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Today at 01:15 AM »
Amazing, thanks again! My partner loves YS but has trouble manipulating the N64 joystick. This will make the game so much more accessible for them!