Author Topic: Bad news (please read)  (Read 21448 times)

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
Re: Bad news (please read)
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2017, 04:45 PM »
Look, neither side here is going to be convinced by the other, so let's drop it and move on, eh?

We're all here because we care about the N64, it's games, the Everdrive 64, and rom-hacks, so let's keep the discussions to topics about those and related topics, and not waste time in acrimonious arguments that won't result in anything but bad feelings. I'm not always as patient as I should be (especially when the ****ing sciatica is flaring up (look after your back, or you WILL regret it in later life) so I'm as guilty as anyone, I admit. So let's get back on topic, and discuss the wondrous 64bit console that we all love.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2017, 05:05 PM »
Krikzz has just pm'd me to say he'd prefer that I not link to the patched rom downloads. He was very polite, but his word is law here (it's his forum, of course) so even if I disagreed then I'd abide by his decision. But I think he's right, especially since he makes his living by creating and selling the Everdrives which use these roms, so it's in his best interests (and all of ours) if he's not seen to be encouraging piracy by allowing illegal downloads from this site.

I'll start a new thread, linking instead to the patches (pre-existing patches, and any that come along, day by day), unless anyone else wants to make the thread?

Also, to any patch authors, if possible, when you release a patch, could you please mention the exact filename of the original rom that is required for your patch? If you say, for example:

Super Mario 64 (USA).zip

then people can copy and paste that into google, to find the right rom, whereas if you say "Use an unpatched NTSC version of Super Mario 64" then newer users might be a little confused.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2017, 05:22 AM »
Make a new thread.

I have no idea what just happened, but whatever it was, the thread got flagged.

Consider this thread dead, start a new one, follow KRIKzz's guideline (No links to ROMs, patches should be OK).

Everyone be nice to everyone.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 05:23 AM by goombakid »