Author Topic: Expansion Sound Fix?  (Read 3494 times)

Offline Sky Yoshi

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Expansion Sound Fix?
« on: February 20, 2017, 09:53 AM »
Can anyone fix the sound issue with FDS sound 's wrong wave form and N163's noize? and some VRC6's Pitch Problem?
If it can't be fixed, than sorry.

Offline MP2E

• Famicom Fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Expansion Sound Fix?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:00 AM »
This is something I'd like to see as well :)

For VRC6, have you tried this individual mapper? http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3405.msg32449#msg32449 I find it makes it sound much better! Might take a few tries to find the right volume setting, and it still sounds a little bit different, but I think it's pretty good.

Offline Sky Yoshi

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 09:24 AM »
Yeah I did the indivisual mapper. it did fixed! so, VRC6 is done.
now the question is N163 and FDS!
P.S. The VRC6 volume is a bit too quiet even though I installed indivisual mapper.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:26 AM by Sky Yoshi »

Offline densy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 12:03 PM »
Yeah, the FDS sound from the Everdrive is quite bad. I just don't use my Everdrive for FDS games anymore. A way to get proper FDS sound is to only get the ram adapter for the FDS and an FDSstick. The FDSstick is a pretty cheap flash drive that connects to the ram adapter instead of the disk drive. The disk drives tend to be a bit unreliable in my experience, so I just use the FDSstick instead of loading my original disks.

aloram

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 04:42 PM »
Yeah, the FDS sound from the Everdrive is quite bad. I just don't use my Everdrive for FDS games anymore. A way to get proper FDS sound is to only get the ram adapter for the FDS and an FDSstick. The FDSstick is a pretty cheap flash drive that connects to the ram adapter instead of the disk drive. The disk drives tend to be a bit unreliable in my experience, so I just use the FDSstick instead of loading my original disks.
Yeah, I wound up getting a Famicom last year, along with a RAM Adapter and FDSStick. I've been following these forums for a few years, and I'm under the impression that FDS sound is not being worked on. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't think the Everdrive will ever have perfect, or even good, FDS sound.

Offline densy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:50 PM »
The difference between an Everdrive N8 FDS sound and the proper FDS sound is very big. It's the one thing I really dislike about the N8.

The advantage with the N8 is that you do not have to do manual side switching, though that can also be seen as a disadvantage because for example you will never be able to see the story and item scroll in the FDS version of the Legend of Zelda.

aloram

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2017, 05:56 PM »
The difference between an Everdrive N8 FDS sound and the proper FDS sound is very big. It's the one thing I really dislike about the N8.

The advantage with the N8 is that you do not have to do manual side switching, though that can also be seen as a disadvantage because for example you will never be able to see the story and item scroll in the FDS version of the Legend of Zelda.
I agree.

I'm not sure if automatic switching is necessary due to space limitations in the OS, but if not, I think it would be better if a button combination could be used to switch sides.