Author Topic: Retro Freak  (Read 5406 times)

Offline Retrografx

• View Profile
Retro Freak
« on: February 19, 2017, 04:05 AM »
Ok, So I stupidly collect these clone systems even though I already own the originals, I've got the Retron3 the Super Retro Trio3, and now I just Ordered the Retro Freak, arriving Friday next week.

I know I can get the Everdrives to work on most of these clones. Has anyone had any experience with the Retro Freak? will Everdrives work with it?? any other issues, like overheating, compatibility etc..?

Offline Sky Yoshi

• View Profile
    • Twitter
Re: Retro Freak
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 01:23 PM »
Retro Freak dumps the ROM to the system itself. so the Everdrive N8 is not usable.
It's like Retron 5 which is the exac same spec.

Offline Retrografx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 01:32 AM »
Received My RetroFreak a few days ago. I like the fact that you can dump original carts to the unit. with that said, you have to use a NES to FAMI adaptor to dump NES carts, and it seems that only carts that do not use battery will dump, if they do use battery they will not read. so far that my only gripe!

The interface is easy to navigate, no need to organize roms in separate folders, the unit identifies and separates for you! It's very similar to the Raspberry pi 3, which in my eyes could be just as good or better, as the RP3 has more options, though not for beginners. All in all the RF is a great unit, though the cost is too high!

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 03:30 AM »
Received My RetroFreak a few days ago. I like the fact that you can dump original carts to the unit. with that said, you have to use a NES to FAMI adaptor to dump NES carts, and it seems that only carts that do not use battery will dump, if they do use battery they will not read. so far that my only gripe!

The interface is easy to navigate, no need to organize roms in separate folders, the unit identifies and separates for you! It's very similar to the Raspberry pi 3, which in my eyes could be just as good or better, as the RP3 has more options, though not for beginners. All in all the RF is a great unit, though the cost is too high!

Why would you need to use an everdrive with the Retrofreak? it's my understanding that the retrofreak already reads roms off an SD card.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer

Offline Sky Yoshi

• View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 02:39 PM »

Why would you need to use an everdrive with the Retrofreak? it's my understanding that the retrofreak already reads roms off an SD card.
Actually, Nintendo said no to that feature and it's gone now.

Offline manhid

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 09:03 AM »

Mine on latest firmware which is 2.3 and it still can read roms from microsd card.
It is just like a multi flashcart in one package.

Offline leonquest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 04:36 PM »

Sounds like you pulled that out of your ass. I googled for half an hour and could fine nothing of the sort. No retrofreak users on forums have reported anything either.
Everdrive64 V3 - SD2Snes rev. f - Everdrive N8 fami - MegaEd X3 - PS IO - MODE - MISTer