Author Topic: Skipping intro on GameCube - Zelda - Wind Waker?  (Read 5800 times)

Offline TonyN

• View Profile
Skipping intro on GameCube - Zelda - Wind Waker?
« on: March 04, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Hi there, I have just bought Zelda - Wind Waker, the GameCube version, for my 7 year old Grandson, Wow that is some lengthy intro and must get boring after the first viewing - can it be skipped?

Thanks

Offline EthanW

• EthanW
  • Was "Ridj"
    • View Profile
Re: Skipping intro on GameCube - Zelda - Wind Waker?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:34 PM »
why would you need to watch it multiple times?
Everdrives i own: EDN8, EDGB, EDGBx7, EDGBAx5, EDGG

Offline TonyN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2017, 01:21 AM »
Because every time you start the game you have to sit through the same 10 minutes of tedious plot setup, instead of just kicking off from where you left it.

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 02:07 AM »
No memory card? Usually you just watch it once, you should be all good to go after saving once..

There might be a way to skip it by holding start...or am I thinking the Wii U version.

Offline Kerr Avon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 04:01 PM »
Sorry, I don't know. But I wanted to post to say that I UTTERLY DETEST unskippable cut-scenes. There's no reason at all to have them.

I'm currently playing through Area 51 (a good but not great first person shooter) on the original XBox (it was also released on the PC and PS2 and Gamecube), and it too has unskippable cut-scenes, including right before boss fights. So when you die in a boss fight, the game reloads to the last check-point, which is before the boss fight, and then you have to watch the cut-scene again before the game gives you control and you get to re-fight the boss.

One of my few complaints about the excellent Batman: Arkham games is that they too have unskippable cut-scenes, and for some strange reason, only some of them are unskippable, others can be skipped. Where's the logic in that? It's not because the cut-scenes hide the loading, as cut-scenes with no behind-the-scenes loading are unskippable.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 05:54 PM »
No memory card? Usually you just watch it once, you should be all good to go after saving once..

There might be a way to skip it by holding start...or am I thinking the Wii U version.

As far as I can recall from the last time I played the game, goombakid ↑ is correct. You need to get far enough in to save, then problem solved. But if you don't have a memory card in the Gamecube, it's going to start from square one every time you run the game.

Offline TonyN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 10:39 AM »
Thank you all, as usual very helpful.
I do agree with Kerr Avon though. As they are creating and play the games it must strike the coders
 'Wow this is a pain in the a***!'

Tony