Poll

SuperFX Vs SA-1, if you could add compatibility for one, which would you choose?

SuperFX (includes SuperFX2)
14 (38.9%)
SA-1
22 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 27, 2017, 10:59 PM

Author Topic: SuperFX Vs SA-1, if you could add compatibility for one, which would you choose?  (Read 16595 times)

Offline the_importer

• View Profile
SuperFX Vs SA-1, if you could add compatibility for one, which would you choose?

Offline LuigiStar

• View Profile
I would say SA-1, since it has more worthy games, but, to be honest, I don´t think Ikari would implement it, or at least soon.

It´s way too difficult to implement it, it could take few years if you truly want to implement it, unless you´re a "SA-1 expert".

Probably I´m wrong, but I think is pretty much it.

Super FX games are a bit easier to find and a bit cheaper to buy.

Greetings.
Everdrives: ED64, EDGB V1, EDGB X7.

Other flashcarts: EZ Flash IV, EMS USB Smart Card 64.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
SA-1
More games I want to play incorporate that chip vs the SFX (StarFox/Yoshi's Island).
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
SA-1, primarily for SMRPG, which is a pricey cart in US version and I wouldn't enjoy playing in Japanese as much. Yoshi's Island has text, but you don't  need
it, and a (J) version can be purchased cheaply if you don't want to pay the price for a US cart. I've never played through SNES Starfox, but I'm guessing it's the same.

Offline the_importer

• View Profile
SA-1, primarily for SMRPG, which is a pricey cart in US version and I wouldn't enjoy playing in Japanese as much. Yoshi's Island has text, but you don't  need
it, and a (J) version can be purchased cheaply if you don't want to pay the price for a US cart. I've never played through SNES Starfox, but I'm guessing it's the same.

Euh, what about Kirby fans? Also, if we're looking to add more game compatibility to SD2SNES, SA-1 is the one to cover.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile

Euh, what about Kirby fans?

Sure. I said SA-1, primarily for SMRPG. That's just my preference.

Offline the_importer

• View Profile

Euh, what about Kirby fans?
...That's just my preference.

Well there you go, so it's not primarily.

Offline RiBB|Lion

• View Profile
I would definitely want SA-1 implemented first. Mostly for games such as:
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Super Mario RPG
Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
Dragon Ball Z: Hyper Dimension
SD F-1 Grand Prix

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
"Primarily" doesn't mean that there aren't secondary reasons for wanting something, or imply that it is the exclusive reason.  It's just the major reason.  The other reasons would be minor considerations.

I think I'd prefer SA-1 to start as well, although I already own the major titles (Kirby Super Star, SMRPG, Kirby's Dream Land 3).  It'd be pretty cool to play Marvelous with the translation patch on actual hardware, though.
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile
"Primarily" doesn't mean that there aren't secondary reasons for wanting something, or imply that it is the exclusive reason.  It's just the major reason.  The other reasons would be minor considerations.

Thanks for trying Sarge. I didn't think it was worth the effort TBH. 

And we all three agree on SA-1, so (channeling Hillary now) what difference, at this point, does it make?

Offline Sarge

• View Profile
And we all three agree on SA-1, so (channeling Hillary now) what difference, at this point, does it make?

;D

I think my inner English/grammar Nazi came out, that's all.  I try to keep it in check, honest!

I know the SA-1 is going to likely be the hardest to implement, though.  I think ikari has said before that he's not sure if the FPGA has enough "oomph" to pull it off.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:39 PM by Sarge »
Hardcore Retro Gaming - Discuss games ten years old or older! Now with a modern gaming section!

http://hardcoreretrogaming.boards.net/

Offline fox1918

• View Profile
Super FX games only !
doom,star fox,Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island ...

Offline the_importer

• View Profile

I think I'd prefer SA-1 to start as well, although I already own the major titles (Kirby Super Star, SMRPG, Kirby's Dream Land 3).  It'd be pretty cool to play Marvelous with the translation patch on actual hardware, though.

Neither you or Hanafuda are understood what I'm saying. You can't make a bold claim by saying that SMRPG is the primary reason that people want SA-1 compatibility without  providing any proof to back it up. I can't claim that the Kirby games would be the primary why SA-1 compatibility is desired, but I can say without hesitation that SMRPG sells for a lot less than Kirby Super Star of Kirby's Dream Land 3, this also applies for their JPN counterparts.

Offline Relikk

• View Profile
Neither you or Hanafuda are understood what I'm saying. You can't make a bold claim by saying that SMRPG is the primary reason that people want SA-1 compatibility without  providing any proof to back it up. I can't claim that the Kirby games would be the primary why SA-1 compatibility is desired, but I can say without hesitation that SMRPG sells for a lot less than Kirby Super Star of Kirby's Dream Land 3, this also applies for their JPN counterparts.

No, you're not understanding what they're saying. They're not making any claims, and the reason they give for wanting SA-1 is from their own perspective. They never said that that's what everyone wants.

Offline the_importer

• View Profile

No, you're not understanding what they're saying. They're not making any claims, and the reason they give for wanting SA-1 is from their own perspective. They never said that that's what everyone wants.

Where exactly in his reply, does it state that it's his personal opinion or preference?

I'm not implying that this is not what he meant, but by his original post, it sure looks like he was saying that SMRPG the the main reason why people would want SA-1 and therefore, my original reply still stands.