Poll

SuperFX Vs SA-1, if you could add compatibility for one, which would you choose?

SuperFX (includes SuperFX2)
14 (38.9%)
SA-1
22 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: March 27, 2017, 10:59 PM

Author Topic: SuperFX Vs SA-1, if you could add compatibility for one, which would you choose?  (Read 16594 times)

Offline Sunray

• View Profile
SA-1, only because SuperFX games are cheap and I have them already.

Offline Hanafuda

• View Profile

Where exactly in his reply, does it state that it's his personal opinion or preference?

The thread title is "If you could ... choose "

The whole thread is about personal interest, not generic.

And in the second post after you first replied to me, I said, "just my preference."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 08:04 PM by Hanafuda »

Offline the_importer

• View Profile
The thread title is "If you could ... choose "

The whole thread is about personal interest, not generic.

If everyone always stayed on topic, forums would be a great place, but that's not always the case. In your situation, all I had to go by was your original post.

And in the second post after you first replied to me, I said, "just my preference."

To quote myself from my previous post:

I'm not implying that this is not what he meant, but by his original post, it sure looks like he was saying that SMRPG the the main reason why people would want SA-1 and therefore, my original reply still stands.

Offline OneBagTravel

• Sony KV-20FV300
  • Has the Perrier gone straight to my head?
    • View Profile
    • OneBagTravel.com
this thread got weird.
Travel light & smart. SFC using HD Retrovision component cables.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile
I'd gladly take either, but as I've said for about 4 years now, neither are happening.

Offline the_importer

• View Profile
I'd gladly take either, but as I've said for about 4 years now, neither are happening.

I haven't been here for 4 years. Are you citing what the developers of the SD2SNES said or are these your own conclusions? If these are your conclusions, on what technical aspects are you basing yourself on?

Offline goombakid

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I haven't been here for 4 years. Are you citing what the developers of the SD2SNES said or are these your own conclusions? If these are your conclusions, on what technical aspects are you basing yourself on?

If everyone always stayed on topic, forums would be a great place, but that's not always the case.

Staying on topic...

I would rather have SA-1 shown some love. As mentioned, the SFX games are fairly inexpensive therefore easily obtained, but not to say that I'd not welcome SFX being implemented with the SD2SNES.

Offline Greg2600

• View Profile

Who will step up and implement this?  batari, the inventor of SD2SNES, is not.  In the years since the cart was unveiled, ONE person offered to take it up, but didn't want to buy the expensive cart.  SD2SNES is open source, anyone can take up the task.  Hasn't happened by now, very low chance it ever will.  These threads do nothing.

Offline the_importer

• View Profile
Who will step up and implement this?  batari, the inventor of SD2SNES, is not.  In the years since the cart was unveiled, ONE person offered to take it up, but didn't want to buy the expensive cart.  SD2SNES is open source, anyone can take up the task.  Hasn't happened by now, very low chance it ever will.  These threads do nothing.

Well are you are certainly entitled to your opinion. In my point of view, I view this as a challenge that someone will want day want to take on, either personal glory or for profit (that person would be free to open a Patreon to fund his development).

Offline opt2not

• View Profile
One thing I'd like to add to camp-SuperFX is that it could help homebrewers develop polygonal games for the SNES. As you know, some homebrewers use this as a development kit and having another option for making polygonal styled games would be a refreshing addition to the homebrew scene.

Offline Enmet

• View Profile
SuperFX. Mainly because of Yoshi's Island hacks. There is now even a practice rom hack with save states for speed running.

Offline jjoepr

• View Profile
I'd say SA-1. Wouldn't bother with sfx. There are not enough sfx games to keep me interested in the sfx chip. There are a lot maybe re sa-1 games than sfx games.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:28 AM by jjoepr »

Offline Great Hierophant

• View Profile
Tough call, good Super FX games include SF, SF2, SF CE and SMW2.  Good SA-1 games include SMRPG, Kirby 3, Kirby SS, Parodius & Marvelous.  SA-1 wins by weight of numbers, especially because SF CE is not a unique game.  Plus, saving battery saves on a real cartridge is a pain, and only one SFX game really requires it. 
Check Out My Vintage Video Game & Computing Blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

Ice Man

Definetely would go with SA-1 eventhough it's harder to implement.

Offline SmokeMonster

• Puzzle Bobbler
  • tsst tchh chh ch ch ch
    • View Profile
    • SmokeMonster YouTube Channel
This is a question of quality vs quantity to me. I'm happy with the chips we already have though.