Author Topic: Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)  (Read 77265 times)

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
Re: Zelda Ocarina of Time & MQ Gamecube to N64 Patches (no bug fixes)
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2019, 09:45 PM »
With some further research, PAL 1.1 has î and PAL GC has Á.  Also PAL 1.1 has a more angled ß whereas PAL GC has a straight up and down ß.  Other than that and the D-Pad icon, the two have the same character list.

@Aroenai it might be easier just to swap the two textures in your patch.  We'll need an updated VWF table too.  You and I both just used the PAL 1.1 text, which should not use Á since it didn't exist then.  EDIT: You should be able to ignore Debug - it must have been created before they swapped in Á.

In my patch, I'll just have to replace Á with î since î isn't there.  It looks like they never updated the VWF when they made the replacement so the spacing should be OK.  Ugh, I hate OoT - that's 8 patches to update and Aegh takes f..o..r..e..v..e..r.  I'll try to get these updated this week sometime.

EDIT: Only 4 to patch - yay!  Debug was created with î instead of Á!!

EDIT: No need for Aegh with no VWF changes, so my patches are updated right now!  See the main page for links.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 10:15 PM by ozidual »
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Offline Nemok

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2019, 11:25 PM »
That's it! The dialogs look perfectly restored in French at last.
I am so grateful, thank you Ozidual!

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2019, 12:20 AM »
That's it! The dialogs look perfectly restored in French at last.
I am so grateful, thank you Ozidual!

Nope - all the thanks goes to you! 

As far as I knew the patches were finished years ago.  Without your help, they would not have been complete.  That's why you're now in the credits on the main post :)  Thank you for helping to make the patches better!
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren

Offline Nemok

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 15, 2019, 10:04 AM »
I am honored. Your work also gave me some motivation to learn how to work on and how to translate N64 games.

Offline rcerrote

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 25, 2019, 03:02 PM »
Hi, Zelda hacks like Voyager of Time are fully playable on hardware? Do I need to apply the patches?

Thanks.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 25, 2019, 04:33 PM »
Hi, Zelda hacks like Voyager of Time are fully playable on hardware? Do I need to apply the patches?

Thanks.

It's been a while, but I think Petrie's Challenge is the only one fully playable on hardware.  I think Ruinous Shards is the next most compatible followed by Voyager of Time.  At the time they were the most compatible/

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2020, 03:57 PM »
  Hey does these patches on petrie's challenge is for his 27/02/2017 updated hack? Or it is for a older version?
 I'm asking because I saw comments from GBM in 2016 saying he fixed It, but I was looking for the patch and saw a update or so.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pvDjLAkB-CVVE5S3BMWWctMW8/view

« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 03:59 PM by Junninx »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2020, 05:01 PM »
I think Petrie made a change since the last patch I created.  Unfortunately due to how they created Petrie's Challenge, I've always had to deal with the compression manually which means recalculating everything and making massive shifts with large amounts of data.  I think I also manually edited the text last time to make it fit properly too. 

I hope to get back to it at some point to get it working again, but right now I'm tied up in too many other projects.  Sorry.

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 09, 2020, 05:46 AM »
Let me preface this by saying that you should download the latest version of Petrie's Challenge and try playing that as is.  I think GBM still saw the problem the last version he played, but I want to say that someone streamed a speedrun of that version of Petrie's Challenge with no problems.  Maybe they skipped that section entirely.  That said:

Here is a patch that can be applied to the PAL Master Quest ROM (NOT the debug rom) to create Petrie's Challenge + GBM fix (NOT the latest version of Petrie's Challenge)

Here is the version of Petrie's ROM that all of my patches apply to.  It's the patch that I downloaded in March of 2017 and used as a basis for my GBM fix, GCto1.0 and GCtoN64 changes.

Again, you are probably better off playing the latest version of Petrie's Challenge and not my patches.

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 09, 2020, 10:40 AM »
 Thank you! I will also play his new version, and when I do I will post the results. I'm updating my hacks and such while I still can't setup my EverDrive 64 yet, I'm having problems to do without a computer.

Offline Junninx

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2020, 11:50 AM »
 Hey good news althoug GBM messages about the fix  was from 2016, your patch is the same as this update from petrie's.
 You guys made
Link to hisgoogle.drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7pvDjLAkB-CVVE5S3BMWWctMW8/view

Link to his youtube vídeo update:

https://youtu.be/iPkq47MqI1M

I just checked file sizes, it matches It is the same right?

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2020, 05:30 PM »
I just checked file sizes, it matches It is the same right?

Nope, all patches will be the same size every time no matter what differences they have.  The only way to tell is to do a comparison at the hex level.  A quicker though less reliable check is to compare the checksums at bytes 0x10 to 0x18.

Offline GBM

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2020, 10:39 PM »
The patch for Petrie's challenge should be compatible to the version from february 2017.