Author Topic: Game not designed for this system - Discussion  (Read 5490 times)

Offline Mezmorize

• View Profile
    • Classic Video Game hacking
Re: Game not designed for this system - Discussion
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2018, 01:15 AM »
Really like the thread, thanks for your efforts :-)

Not that it's all that useful for EverDrive users, but I made a region bypass code here: https://gamehacking.org/vb/forum/video-game-hacking-and-development/retro-hacking/12071-request-n64-carmageddon-64-nus-ncdy-eur-region-protection-code

Hope to find an easier method, as that was made by manually comparing trace .txt files. The same post above contains a large list of (mostly USA concerned) games that contain a region lock, in case you're interested in looking into some more games.

Online Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 03:56 PM »
Any work in getting Premier Manager 64 with a proper NTSC patch?

I've tried Palladin but all I get out of it is a rotating screen on my CRT.... Similar issue with many other programs I've attempted to use Paladin on...

Premier Manager also gets 'monochrome' on my LCD tv using that same patch....

I'm having problems using that HSV adventure racing patch... WHat program am I supposed to use? Beat doesn't seem to work...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 06:39 PM by Galron »

Offline ozidual

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 09:12 PM »
The grayness is the game running in PAL mode rather than NTSC.  That's what PAL looks like on an NTSC screen if it runs at all. 

As for a patcher, we usually use Floating IPS: https://www.smwcentral.net/?p=section&a=details&id=11474
Projects: Zelda OoT GCtoN64, Doshin the Giant, SSSV, Sim City 64, Getter Love, Shiren
Flash Carts: EverDrive64 2.5, EverDrive64 3.0, EverDrive N8, SD2SNES

Online Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 09:38 PM »
Does the patch fix the grayscale issue?

I don't have this problem with other patches like the one made for Centre Court Tennis, Air Boarders 64, and Rakuga Kids.

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3290/

Also I tried Floating IPS, but got error that I'm not using the right rom... Does anyone know what the name of the correct rom is? Only clue I have it has to be one that ends in "Z64"?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 09:43 PM by Galron »

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 09:41 PM »
There's also a web version of a bps patcher:

https://hack64.net/tools/patcher.php

Yes, the patch makes HSV Adventure Racing run in native NTSC mode so there is no greyscale issue.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Online Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2019, 09:45 PM »
Thanks Aeronai, so I think the problem I'm having is finding the correct rom then... Do you have exact rom name? So far only ones I've found have the name HSV Adventure Racing ! (Australia).n64" from "nointro' rom dumps. But best I can see from this topic it needs to be one that ends with Z64?

Edit: Finally found the correct rom, and patched it. Looks good, none of that 'scrolling' issues, and colors are correct! Now if I can just add Premier Manager, I'll have last of the true exclusives I think, and if I get MIchael Owen's I'll have another of the 'reskin' games out of the way.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 10:52 PM by Galron »

Online Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2019, 10:28 PM »
its easy create a region patch?

i have one game:Michael Owen WLS 2000, its a soccer exclusive pal game, someone have a region patch for ntsc 60Hz for this game?

This is the same one as Mia Hamm's Soccer I think? But has male players instead of female players as in the other 'reskin'... Definitely one I'd like to add to my playable NTSC compatible rom collection though for 'completeness".

Offline Aroenai

• Sentient Hunk of Green Cheese
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Better than nothing for the moment... I'll include the other patches for Premier Manager 64 from Goodset since they're hard to find otherwise. I didn't have luck with them on my console though.

The last patch is for just bypassing the block screen and requires a 50hz upscaler or UltraHDMI mod.
---
Mostly working on Zelda OoT & MM GC patches
Also, breaking region protections
Everdrive 64 v2.01 modified with an UltraCIC II, 64drive HW2

Online Galron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2019, 07:28 AM »
Alright I'll hunt down the roms and try to give them a try.  So no one came up with a fully compatible patch? Too bad.