Author Topic: Everdrive N8 crashes every few minutes on AV Famicom  (Read 1578 times)

Offline opus

• View Profile
Everdrive N8 crashes every few minutes on AV Famicom
« on: May 14, 2017, 07:49 PM »
I am having an issue where every game crashes randomly after a few minutes of play. The converter I use does not have any issues with other cartridges. I also have updated the firmware on the n8 to the latest version. The images below are what I use.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Offline Brachabre

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive N8 crashes every few minutes on AV Famicom
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 02:51 AM »
Happens to me too on same setup and adaptor. The graphics start progressively becoming artifact-ridden after a few minutes until the game freezes. Makes me regret not getting a Famicom N8 w/ adaptor and just switch out the shells for when you want to play on a NES.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 02:53 AM by Brachabre »

Offline thecavalry

• View Profile
Re: Everdrive N8 crashes every few minutes on AV Famicom
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 05:32 AM »
You both need to look at this thread: https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5189.0

The adapter needs a small modification to prevent freezing and open up expansion audio and proper mmc5 handling. The issue with freezing has something to with the clock timings and signal interference if I remember right. I did the mod on my adapter and then put some copper tape (grounded properly, as shown in the pictures) on the front side to shield it from interference on those long traces.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:37 AM by thecavalry »